PDA

View Full Version : hi newbie feeling yuk atm

nicros
20-10-08, 19:20
Hi I'm new on here I'm a 40 year old fulltime mum and wife suffering from GAD, have been on venlafaxine for 2 years now have had a really tough year with husbands illness, friends death and lots of family health scares etc. So have gone onto 150mg of venlafaxine 5 days ago as I was on 75mg. I take it in 2 doses, I feel awful today ,really anxious, shaky, nervous and dizzy, hope it doesn't last long but the Dr said it could be 3 weeks, does anyone else know? thanks Nicola :shrug:

hamster
20-10-08, 22:01
Hi there & welcome
I've just recently joined site too, 45 yrs-female. I found when I was stepped up from 150mg to 225mg venlafaxine last year I felt some side effects again like when I first started out on it but maybe lasted just a week max, not as long as 3 weeks. However I'm on the continuous release version(Efexor XL) so perhaps metabolised slightly differently by the body. I really hope it doesn't last as long as 3 weeks for you. On the up side the higher dose did help me and out of all tried venlafaxine has been the one which has let me lead a more normal life so here's hoping once your body adjusts you will feel the benefits too.
Take care of your self x

pooh
20-10-08, 23:34
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

stick with the increase and see how it goes

Pooh x

weeble40
21-10-08, 10:20
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

lorac
21-10-08, 11:50
Hi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

milly jones
21-10-08, 20:57
welcome to nmp hunny
love milly xxx

debera
21-10-08, 21:17
hi and welcome to nmp
debera
x x x x