PDA

View Full Version : Please help

JennyGregory5
20-10-08, 20:52
Hi there, I'm kind of new on here but really need some help. A few months back now I had major anxiety issues, permanent headaches, dizziness, numbness, blurry vision so off I went to the doctors, then to A&E then the doctors again a fair few times until I finally got it into my head that ok this isn't a brain tumour it's anxiety.
Since then things have been ok but then for the last couple of days the headache is backbut with a new scary symptom. My headache is made worse by bending down/ coughing/ (rather embaressing) straining to go to the loo. From my terrible googling habit I have discovered that this is one of the big worry signs. So my question is, has anyone had this symptom coz I can't seem to find any other explanation for it. My headache is generally mild and I can carry on with every day activities and for this reason my sensible side is yelling at me that it's anxiety again but then I worry.
Please help
Jenny

alexis
20-10-08, 20:59
Hi Jenny, sorry but I dont share these symptoms, Im sure someone will be along soon that can advise, take care.xxx

JennyGregory5
20-10-08, 21:35
:-(

reddevil
20-10-08, 21:37
Hi,

Does it go when you eat and does it wake you up in the night?

Red

JennyGregory5
20-10-08, 21:40
eating doesnt make a difference at all

trixi
20-10-08, 21:55
Hi there,

I think the headaches are a tension thing through you being so stressed out about the way that you are feeling. I have ended up at A&E too with chest pains and it was anxiety, the more you worry the worse the symptoms seem. Try to relax (easier said than done) and remember you can always talk to others here.

If things are getting too much I would suggest going to your GP until they arrange suitable tests to check out what you think is wrong to put you mind at ease. This can be difficult but even if they explain the proper symptoms. I thought I had a blood clot cause I had pains in my leg, until the doc told me I would not be here 4 days later if this was the case. It seems silly going to the Doc about things like this sometimes but if it put your mind at rest it is so worthwhile. Anxiety is an illness too and thats what the Doc is there for.

Trixi
xxx

countrygirl
20-10-08, 22:54
I have neck damage and can get the headaches you describe where if I bend down as I come back up it feels as if my brain is banging inside my skull and same if I cough or strain at all!! this is due to extreme tension in neck muscles due to my damaged spine but of course same effect from anxious muscles as well.

A quick way to put your mind at rest would be to get an eye test - most brain tumours are picked up at opticians.

Andyroo
21-10-08, 00:36
could be tension im always achy and have head aches its horrible im sorry u feel so crap:hugs:

JennyGregory5
21-10-08, 17:54
well this evening I am now suffering with sore eyes and upper nose so me thinks I may have a sinus infection. At least I'm trying to persuade myself that a sinus infection is far more likely than a brain tumor :-S
Why oh why do these things seem far more common in us poor people who have this health anxiety

bab
21-10-08, 18:17
Hi Jenny

thanks so much for your reply to my other post. Can I just say that I am no doctor (although with my health anxiety I should be lol) I think it a hundred percent sounds like sinusitis - you have all the symptoms especially of it getting worse when you bend over etc.

lots of love
nicky xx

diane07
21-10-08, 19:27
Hi hun,

I was just gonna put its probably your sinuses, my boyfriend suffers exactly how you do, try sniffing olbas oil, it helps big time and takes the pressure off your head.

di xx