PDA

View Full Version : marrakech mayhem!

henri
06-06-05, 15:39
hey everyone,
i just wanted to post to let you know that i made it to marrakech and back in one piece - had a great time but i'm so happy to be home! a couple of months ago i tried going away just somewhere local for the night and it was a bit of a disaster, so i'm just glad that i managed to go on a proper holiday with my boyfriend without ruining it for us.
have any of you been to marrakech? it's the most bonkers place in the whole world, utterly indescribable. i tried to go shopping in the souk, which is like a maze of markets selling the most amazing stuff, but i got too claustrophobic and had to run out. i couldn't really do much as it was insanely hot (which also makes me feel claustrophobic) and there were so many people walking around, it was like being on the tube, multiplied by 40 million.
anyway, the point is i made there on a plane and back, didn't need to take any diazepam and actually had a lovely time. i nearly walked in to an internet cafe to log onto chat but forced myself drink some mint tea and take deep breaths instead.
am very happy to be back!
henri x

seh1980
06-06-05, 15:44
Well done Henri!! It doesn't matter that you had to escape from the market. The important thing is that you made it and tried your best. Good for you!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

angieb
06-06-05, 16:12
Wow - well done Henri, I though me getting to France for a week was a brave effort but a plane and marrakech - RESPECT :D

Meg
06-06-05, 16:48
Good for you Henri.. Really glad you had a good time

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

alexis
06-06-05, 17:04
Well done Henri, you should be very proud, Alexis, xxx

clickaway
06-06-05, 18:04
So well done Henri!

Let's hope that the experience will mean that you can cope with more now.

Hmmm, my brother is off to Marrakech in October and am a tad jealous I must admit.

Certainly sounds like a place to bookmark.

This time, next year.........

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

henri
06-06-05, 18:35
thanks for replies everyone.
ray, it was definitely an experience but not somewhere i'd recommend for panic/anxiety sufferers... i don't think i'll be going back!
but yeah, i'm hoping it means i'll be able to go away for a week sometime in the near future (total respect to you angie!) without freaking out.
henri x

carlin
06-06-05, 18:36
Hi Henri,
How fantastic, so glad you had a great holiday, you should be so proud of yourself, well done you!!!!

nomorepanic
06-06-05, 19:10
Henri

A big well done to you for managing it!!!:D[^]

Bet you are well chuffed that you did it eh?

xx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

jon1
06-06-05, 19:51
Morocco is mad!Plenty of people,paic sufferers or not, would find the souks claustrophobic.Still, you faced up to something threatening and did it.Really well done!

pips
06-06-05, 23:32
Hi Henri,

A Huge Well done to you hun!

You did so well give yourself a big pat on the back!

What a wonderful success!!!!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S XX

Karen
06-06-05, 23:55
Well done Henri. So glad you had a good time.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.