PDA

View Full Version : venlafxine and quetiapine ,weight gain!!

icyred
20-10-08, 22:11
:weep: hi , 2 years ago i was put on these 2 drygs for voices etc and depression.well i have always had a weight problems but never got too big,untill i started on these drugs:ohmy: a year ago i was taken off quetiapine and went on a life style change excercise.Well i lost 38inches off my hips, thighs and bust and other places that weren,t measured.Felt gr8 bla bla bla!well 4 months ago i had a major set back and put back on quetiapine .still watching what i was eating etc, i was measured the other day and have but on 14inches all up.i so want to give up what is the point i am soo sick of drugs mental illness the whole thing.please if you,ve had similar probs please let me know i feel like im all alone in a big soiders web.

Yvonne
22-10-08, 21:10
Hi

Well I seem to put on weight with all the anti depressants. I gaining weight on the Venlaflaxine cos I can't stop eating! However, that's better than how I was at the beginning of the year cos I couldn't eat.

Are you still doing your fitness stuff?

These illnesses are completely awful aren't they. If only people knew how we really suffer.

Take care

icyred
22-10-08, 22:25
hi yvonne,thanks 4 replying.yes this illness does suck!!!!because of being on quetiapine again i have to up the excersises,its so unfair as if we dont have enough to contend with we get other things chucked at us!!!do u ever wonder what life is about ,

Oceanblue
22-10-08, 23:41
hi yvonne,thanks 4 replying.yes this illness does suck!!!!because of being on quetiapine again i have to up the excersises,its so unfair as if we dont have enough to contend with we get other things chucked at us!!!do u ever wonder what life is about ,

Hiya Icyred,

Life's far too complex to understand and to be able to break down.

Although hard, try not to look at things in such depth.

Most med's unfortunately do make people gain weight, especially Anti Psychotics.

Though, so long as this medication helps you and outweighs your illness this really should help. Your health means so much more and that I feel is paramount.

Take good care Icyred x:flowers:

Yvonne
23-10-08, 16:47
Katie

I agree completely.

Yvonne

icyred
23-10-08, 21:41
thanx guys i do appreciate your feed back,icyred