PDA

View Full Version : Another day another bloody worry!

worryguy9
20-10-08, 22:35
Hey everyone

Well I've been having a bit of a rollercoaster over the past few days. Fresh from my fear of some serious heart defect because of mild chest pain I am now convinced myself I have lymphoma! I have googled (against my better instinct) and horrified myself in the process.

It was triggered on Friday (the day after), when after a night out where I had a few drinks I got a stinging pain in my jaw on the left side about where my partoid gland is. I then immediately recalled reading something about lymph nodes hurting after alcohol consumption (weird that you can remember everything from these sites!) The pain has returned throughout the weekend even without alcohol but I am still thinking that this is an infected lymph node. I still have a mild chest pain and have convinced myself this is due to an enlarged spleen caused by the lymphoma. I don't have any other symptoms of note and I know it's incredibly rare but I just can't get these thoughts out of my head and it has ruined my weekend and today:weep:

I can't believe it has come to this. First it was terror about testicular cancer and now lymphoma. Health anxiety is an elusive beast - just creeps up on you when you least expect it. I feel it has crippled me and i never saw it coming.

Anyone with any advice or support or even similar experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks

trixi
20-10-08, 22:43
Hi,

Firstly do not google, its the worst thing you can do!!!!

I have mild chest pain spreading down to my arm but it is all anxiety related. I have had all the tests relating to heart disease, and even after this I still get the though at the back of my mind.

Please do not worry go to your GP and get this checked it really puts your mind at ease, then if you ge the pain you can relax and tell yourself that it is not anything wrong with your heart and it does help.

The others on here are great and help loads.

Good Luck
Trixi
xx

chris q
22-10-08, 19:25
hello me old mate just to let you know i still worry about testicular cancer but i had a tiny bit of blood when i blew my nose the other day and you can gess what i am worry in about now its all just this pain in the ass anxiety you are fine and i am sure i am as well