PDA

View Full Version : hols

leo05
06-06-05, 16:15
i'm going away in august with my auntie kinda dreading it cause i know panic stations will be on full alert all the time i am there but then i know i need a break as not been on hols since i was about 6 or 7 anyone got any tips for stopping myself from having a racing heart and not been able to sleep as this is getting me down now never mind when i go on my hols

leanne

seh1980
06-06-05, 16:26
Use rescue remedy, relaxation tapes, eat lots of fruit and veg and take along things that you like to do and will distract you like books, snacks, etc. Hope you have a great time!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
06-06-05, 16:46
Hi Leo,

Glad you're getting away for a break

Read through the sucesses page to see how others have been after going on holidays they originally dreaded.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
06-06-05, 19:16
Leanne

You will be able to do it I am sure but start relaxation now and start trying to face some of your fears and places that make you panic.

Loads on here have had great successes at holidays so please read their stories to give you some motivation.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

henri
06-06-05, 19:23
Hey leanne,
i've just come back from holiday - spent the whole of last week dreading it and it was fine in the end. i took an emerency panic kit on the plane with me (rescue remedy, lavender etc) as well as lots of distractions - books, music etc.
i wish i hadn't worried about it before going now, but obviously these things are easier said than done!
as meg and nic say, there are lots of useful threads about this, check them out.
henri x

leo05
21-07-05, 13:36
hi 2wks then i go away panicing like mad about it as dont want to seem as though im a nutter but hey guess thats normal for me

angieb
21-07-05, 14:46
Hi Leanne

I went awy in May for a week to France and honestly say it was the turning point for my recovery - I have got better and better everyday since my return.

I dreaded it before but went - had a great time with only a few anxious moments and survived. Going away again next week for two weeks ans I cannot wait :D

Go with an open mind and an emergency kit for just in case of any blips.

Have fun.

leo05
21-07-05, 14:49
thsnks will do

andrew
21-07-05, 15:12
hi leanne,

i went on holiday in april for the first time in 20 years, i was abit anxious before i went (the usual anticipationary anxiety) but fine travelling and during the holiday. try and look forward to having a break, some sunny weather, different things to do and ppl you usually meet are nicer and more relaxed because they are on hols.

you might get the holiday bug lol, ive been away twice more since, take care .. andrew

kate
21-07-05, 16:39
Leanne,

I hate travelling on the motorway, hate being away from home and hate being around people I don't know. Soooooooo, have booked a holiday in Devon, at a holiday camp, and I go on 6th August!![:O]

Haven't been away since 2000 but my son has just completed his GCSE's and my daughter also needs a holiday so we are doing it for them really.

I'm worrying about it already and also worrying cos I have to leave my animals! [:I] But, I'm sure once I actually get there I will have a lovely time and not want to come home as I'm sure you will too. Where are you going and for how long?

Kate x

leo05
25-07-05, 15:18
thanks all for the advice

kate -- i to am going to a haven holiday camp on the 6 august ive never been on hol for over 16 yrs and my family want me to go i am going but am petrified as i will not have net conection there but will have moby so guess i could txt my pals if i not too good! hope you have a brill hol [8D]

seh1980
25-07-05, 16:24
I'm sure you'll have loads fo fun there Leanne once you settle in. You have my mobile number so you can always text me if you need to, ok? :D

leo05
25-07-05, 16:31
thanks sarah its good to know i have ppl i can rely on

Jewel
25-07-05, 16:37
Hi

I feel exactly the same as you do but I know that I have got to do it if I want to get back to normal. I am looking at going away the same time as you so we could lean on each other for support. I do not know how I am going to do it but just that I have to.

Nicola

kate
25-07-05, 18:22
Leanne,

I'm going to a Haven camp as well! Which one are you going to?

Kate x

sal
26-07-05, 01:21
Leanne

I hope you have a great time and do keep reminding yourself that you need this break. If you are having a bad time you know you can text me.

You are not alone and i hope you have a great time.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

leo05
26-07-05, 16:46
not sure in the north east

darkphantom
31-07-05, 17:31
Hey Lea

You are going to have a great time on hol, hey how bout bringing me back a sweetie dummie to keep me quiet when i see you on 20th :D
Take the gameboy with you that will help you relax, and have you got cd player you can take, perhaps you can take out the michael jackson cd out the library again and take that?
to help at night how bout taking some of your photos with you to remind you of your pals.
But remember you need this hol, so try and relax because im coming up to see you so you will have to get all the sleep and feel relaxed before i come cause im gona wear you out :D:D:D:D:D:D
And you know you can text me you just have to guess which phone igot with me :D:D:D
take care
susie xxx

leo05
04-08-05, 14:06
hey all one more day to go and havent even packed well have but need to repack again prob do it loads of times b4 i go

seh1980
04-08-05, 14:17
Hope you have a great time Leanne!! You will be fine. We'll miss you :D

leo05
04-08-05, 14:19
nah you wont nobody will

seh1980
04-08-05, 14:29
Course we will Leanne!! You'll be back soon though and you'll have hopefully had a wicked time [^]

leo05
04-08-05, 14:32
yeah dont want to go

seh1980
04-08-05, 14:34
Why not hun? Your whole family is going, right? Sounds like fun :D

leo05
04-08-05, 14:36
cause only one know what i have and that i harm and if they find out they wont want to know me again

seh1980
04-08-05, 16:22
They won't find out Leanne as I'm sure you'll be fine when you're there. Try to forget about everything and have a great time :D

sal
04-08-05, 19:28
Leanne

Go away hun and enjoy yourself you deserve a break. You know you can contact me if you want to at any time.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

darkphantom
05-08-05, 11:15
Lea
Have a great time on hol ok, dont forget to get my sweetie dummy cause the other one is nearly gone, and thats the only thing that will keep me quiet ;)
Remember what we said last night x
and you know you can text me anytime ok
remember you need this break to relax and you will have to have all the rest you can get cause the cheeky monkey is coming up again and you will have to be fit and chilled to cope with me :D[^][8D][:O]

seh1980
05-08-05, 13:29
Hope it all goes well today Leanne :D

leo05
05-08-05, 16:13
[Sigh...]hey everyone i dont go till tomorrow see you want rid of me already [Wow!] you all dont hang around do ya?

hey susie see what i can do ok

and you will be the one who needs all the rest and sleep as remember b4 ? [Yeah!] [8D]

will miss ya all but not going to be soppy bout it lol

tattybear
05-08-05, 16:15
Hi Leanne,

I Hope you have a brilliant holiday - my mum dad sisters brother in laws and my bieces & nephews are going away on tues for 2 weeks - I decided i couldnt go right now as i dont think id be able to deal with it, so gonna all go again next year.

Your lucky to have the oportunity to go away with you family - enjoy it and make the most of it - it will be good for you.

Tatty B xx

leo05
05-08-05, 16:37
hi thank maybe i should be greatful but my family have only just recently started wanting to know me again

tattybear
05-08-05, 16:38
Then use this holiday to your advantge - get to know them better - you'll find that they will love you and this could be just what you need.

Tatty B xx

leo05
05-08-05, 16:41
yeah just have to be careful as dont trust them all as of what my uncle did and what happened to mam and because of last yr

leo05
15-08-05, 15:52
hi all i am back safe and sound hols was better than thought although it rain most of the time so typical british weather have missed you all so much

seh1980
15-08-05, 16:03
Welcome back Leanne!! Glad it went better than expected :D

Meg
15-08-05, 16:07
Hey there Leanne

Welcome back !

Glad it went well and even better than expected.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

leo05
15-08-05, 16:11
thanks meg and sarah it feels great to have access to you all again

Barb
15-08-05, 16:48
Hi Leanne, glad you had a good holiday hun, nice to have you back

Luv Barb xxxxx

leo05
15-08-05, 16:51
thanks barb miss talking to you hope you are ok

leo05
15-08-05, 17:01
hey susie did you miss me ? i missed you with all my heart honest i dont lie

darkphantom
15-08-05, 17:01
Hi babe
missed not talking to you been long while:D
glad you back feeling fit and well all ready for the cheeky monkey of the south to tire you out so you need another hol[^]:D[8D]

welcome back babe

leo05
15-08-05, 17:04
thanx monkey but remember what we do to monkeys !!!! lol you best be the one who is ready for to be worn out lol

tattybear
15-08-05, 18:10
Hi Leanne Hun,

Great to see you back online again :D

Im so glad that your holiday went better than you expected - see, I told you you'd be fine and it would do you good :D

Sorry I didnt reply to your text earlier, my battery has died & phone wont seem to charge up :( Hopefuly it willl sort it self out soon!!

Tatty B xx

leo05
15-08-05, 18:12
it ok i understand just glad you told me lol

nomorepanic
15-08-05, 18:41
Welcome back Leanne

Glad you had a good time despite the typical English weather. Bet you have got loads to catch up on here now eh?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

andrew
15-08-05, 18:43
hi leanne, pleased holiday went ok and good to see you back safe and sound .. tc andrew

Piglet
15-08-05, 19:20
Welcome back!!!!

Love Piglet:D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
15-08-05, 19:44
Welcome back Leanne.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

leo05
16-08-05, 16:50
thanks all for the lovely welcome bk and nic yeah i have loads to catch up on and dont know where to start lol

tulip123
16-08-05, 17:07
I can so relate to this holiday anxiety. As some of you may know it happened to me recently quite badly but I went and did the opposite of what my mind was telling and went, despite the panicy feelings and no sleep. Now I'm back I feel refreshed and have at last had 2 nights of full sleep. Now I am getting on with my life as normal. I also have a very bad phobia about flying which doesn't stop me but sometimes adds to my fears.

tulip

leo05
16-08-05, 17:24
tulip

soz to hear you also have holiday anxiety but you did really well in going and enjoying your hols the best you could well done