PDA

View Full Version : hi, i'm new

Cheryl
06-06-05, 16:23
my name is cheryl, i'm 26 and mum to 3 year old daughter.

i've been having panic attacks, feel quite scared.

i don't want to take any medication so i'm seeking other ways to deal with this, any advice would be appreciated.

thank you

seh1980
06-06-05, 16:24
Welcome aboard Cheryl!! Have you seen a counsellor at all? :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
06-06-05, 16:31
Hello Cheryl,

Have a good read around the site

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Cheryl
06-06-05, 16:33
no i haven't seen a councsellor yet, my doctor is referring me, not really sure what to expect.

alexis
06-06-05, 16:53
Hi Cheryl, welcome aboard, there are lots of posts and wonderul people here offering great advice, also a chat room.
I didnt want to go and see anybodya bout my panics and depression and put it off for months, but it was fine and certainly helped.
Alexis

tracyp584
06-06-05, 18:41
Hey Cheryl,

Welcome to the site. You will find lots of advice and support here.

Take care,

tracy x x

nomorepanic
06-06-05, 18:57
Hi Cheryl

Welcome aboard the forum.

Start off with the website and work through that as there is loads of great advice on there to get you started.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

henri
06-06-05, 19:12
Hey Cheryl,
Welcome to the site - there is so much helpful information on this website, as i'm sure you've already discovered.
I think that talking to someone about your panic is a good place to start.
Let us know how you get on,
henri

sal
06-06-05, 23:13
Hi Cheryl

Welcome to the site and i do know how hard it is feeling how you do with a 3 year old daughter.

Anyway i can help just let me know and so many people on here will support you so you dont feel alone.

It gets better trust me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
07-06-05, 23:54
Hi Cheryl

Welcome to the forum.

Seeing a counsellor could help you to work through these difficulties. We will do what we can to help and support you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

zena
08-06-05, 17:57
Hi Cheryl
Welcome to the site honey.
Hope you find this site as helpful as me, wished I found it ages ago!
Has helped me in loads of things.
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

florence
08-06-05, 18:10
Hello & welcome

I am sure you'll find great support here & lots of advices.

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

EmmaJane
09-06-05, 11:43
Hi Cheryl, Welcome to the site. I use to get panic attacks but find I can keep them at bay now. Im sure you will get lots of help here.

Good luck and take care

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.