PDA

View Full Version : hard to believe HA sometimes

chocoholic
21-10-08, 14:29
Hi all
Im suffering from HA and I feel I am starting to get to grips with it. I still panic as soon as I have a symptom but try to control it now.
BUT sometimes I feel like this isnt real, like HA cant really make me feel this ill. Thats the thing I think I dont understand most is that I do feel these symptoms but cant believe they are just from stress and my mind playing tricks on me. I have had numerous tests so no reason to think there is anything wrong but sometimes wonder if something has been missed??

Surely if I felt well I wouldnt be living on edge like this?....

Does this make sense?
Choco x:wacko:

RosieXXX
21-10-08, 15:09
Hello Chocoholic,

It is great you are beginning to come to grips with health anxiety - it is a hard thing to crack, and I think we always remain a little vulnerable.
We know other people have symptoms, but don't automatically assume the worst, and have dreadful anxiety about them like we do. Some of our symptoms are not imagined but we are unable at times to be rational about them, or accept they are nothing to worry about even if we have been tested for this that and the other. It seems to be part of our worrying nature. I have come to realise my mind is very powerful, and there have been loads of times when I haven't been able to tell what is real and what isn't too, but like you i now try not to panic. Understanding what health anxiety can do to us, and how it can make us react at least helps us to take a step back from the situation. I find if i am getting overly anxious about something, i take anxiety into consideration, and leave it for a week or so, and then see if i feel the same about it. It is easier said than done though, isn't it, because I know how difficult it is not to worry. I don't think anyone who hasn't had this awful condition could ever understand how complicated it is and what torture we go through, and there isn't an easy answer. Anway, I hope you continue to go from strength to strength in getting to grips with it all.:hugs: