PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

Baggie
21-10-08, 18:11
Hello everyone

I just thought I'd post to say 'hi'. I found out about the No More Panic website a couple of weeks back and it has been so helpful for me.

I had my first panic attack just over a month ago. The last few years of my life have been very stressful indeed but I thought that I was handling things ok. I've dealt with family illness, a house move and have experienced long term psychological bullying where I used to live.

The panic attack came out of nowhere while I was standing in a supermarket queue. The person in front seemed to be taking ages and I felt awful inside, yet couldn't understand what on Earth was happening to me. I felt hot, panicky, anxious and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. It was so scary. I ended up abandoning my shopping (yes, I was mortified at doing this) and leaving the shop. My legs were like jelly.

When I went to see my GP she said that I had experienced a panic attack. To help me cope with the unpleasant symptoms, she prescribed beta-blockers and counselling, which I'm on the waiting list for.

Thank goodness I've found this website. At least I know I'm not alone.

If you've got this far, thank you for reading.

Baggie.

RosieXXX
21-10-08, 19:32
Hello Baggie,

Glad you have found the site - it will help you to know there are plenty of people who can understand your suffering - shared experiences really do help us feel better.:)

diane07
21-10-08, 19:35
Hi baggie,

A huge welcome to nmp.

I too have done the abandoning the shopping at the queue.
There are tons of here you have done the same thing, so you will get lots of understanding and help here.

di xx

weeble40
21-10-08, 20:26
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
21-10-08, 20:50
welcome to nmp hunny
love milly xxx

debera
21-10-08, 21:20
hi and welcome to nmp
debera
x x x

Baggie
22-10-08, 10:09
Thank you so much for all of your kind replies. I really appreciate it. It's good to know that we can all help support one another.

Baggie :)

titchjd
22-10-08, 10:11
Hiya Baggie
a huge :welcome: to NMP ..you will get so much support and advice on here we are a gud bunch xxxxxxx

Hope you feeling ok 2 day x

Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bumbles
22-10-08, 10:16
Its a pain leaving your shopping, all that effort to shop for the stuff and you have to do ity again! its happend to us all its very scary when you panic when your out. All that has happend is you have had a tuff year and you are sensitive at the moment you will get better soon.

lorac
22-10-08, 11:07
Hi Baggie

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

pooh
22-10-08, 18:02
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Gem Can't Switch Off
05-11-08, 22:20
hi baggie,

How are you doing? Saw your post and just wondered how you're finding the beta-blockers? I saw my GP today and was prescribed 50mg per day for panic attacks and anxiety. I was surprised he didn't suggest anti-depressants, but I'll try them if they help. How are you getting on with them??

xxx

eternally optimistic
05-11-08, 22:35
Hi yah Baggie

What is it with supermarkets, I know exactly where your coming from.

Try not to worry about leaving in a hurry, it will only bother you next you go.

Hopefully your beta blockers will kick in soon and the counselling with no doubt help.

ALL THE BEST