PDA

View Full Version : Could do with some practical advice please

ladybird64
21-10-08, 21:08
Hi all.

I try not to post asking for advice too often but I need to tonight.
For the past two days I have felt in a heightened emotional state and it doesn't seem to be passing, just building in intensity.
It's not a PA, I don't get those at home, but my mind seems to be racing and to tell the truth, I'm knackered. It's all illogical stuff which I know doesn't make any sense but I still can't shake the mood and that's the bit that's driving me up the wall.
Stuff on the news is getting to me, posts that I have read here on the forum are getting to me too. I'm feeling angry because so many people are going through so much and it's so bloody unfair, I want to do something to help but I can't. Every damned muscle feels tense and my nervous system feels like it's wired into an electrical socket, I know I need to calm myself but am at a loss how to do this at the moment.
Being the practical person that I am (:D ) I know that at some stage this has got to pass but it aint happening. I'm asthmatic, I know that I'm breathing incorrectly because I'm getting myself hyped but I can't seem to stop it!
The last thing I need is a blasted asthma attack.:wacko: .
Need help to get things back in perspective please before this gets out of hand.
Thanks

trixi
21-10-08, 21:24
Hi,

Try to relax (easier said than done I know) Do not let things get to you, it is totally unfair that we are all going through bad stuff but remember we are all here to help each other, and joining this site is a great step in the right direction.

Have a bath and read a book. Or get some feel good songs on and sing till your heart is content.

Trixi
xxx

ladybird64
21-10-08, 22:21
Hi,

Try to relax (easier said than done I know) Do not let things get to you, it is totally unfair that we are all going through bad stuff but remember we are all here to help each other, and joining this site is a great step in the right direction.

Have a bath and read a book. Or get some feel good songs on and sing till your heart is content.

Trixi
xxx

Trixi

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my garbled post, it does help to know that someone cares.
I have realised that this one is winning although I have tried to divert my attention elsewhere I can't concentrate, I tried doing the bath earlier.
i think I have to ride this out on my own, there is no other way.

marie1974
21-10-08, 22:24
hiya hun, cant offer u much advice, apart from trying to relax, i know its hard. it sounds really silly but when i get like that i do colouring in my daughters book hehe its sooooo relaxing.

anyway hugs coming your way hun xxx

bab
21-10-08, 22:34
Hi Ladybird

I get this sometimes - what you need is distration and accept you feel like this but it will pass and go and tidy or read - it is another lovely part of anxiety xx

trixi
21-10-08, 22:37
You are more than welcome!!!

I am sure you will know by now that everyone on here cares. We are in the same boat!!!

If you ever need to talk you can PM me anytime

Take care
Trixi
xx

Bill
22-10-08, 01:49
I do what Babs says, I find something I enjoy doing and engross myself in it but if I feel I just can't concentrate, the next best thing I find is to lie down listening to favourite or relaxing music. When I wake up (because I always doze off!), I feel much calmer and then able to get on with something I enjoy doing before my mind has a chance to think about all the sadness in this world.

I think you need some happiness in your life too.

Something else that helps me is to look at nature. The birds, the plants, the changing colours of the leaves, a rainbow after a shower, a red sunset......the beauty that surrounds us which we never see because our minds are filled with stress, worry, hurt and fear......but nature goes on in it's endless cycle of living, surviving and dying, but if we don't take time out to see it, we have never "lived" because living should be enjoyed and not spent worrying about when it will end because what will be will be.

Sad things will always happen because it's part of living but so do Good things too and it's the "good things" we need to find and enjoy. However, they remain hidden until we lift back the darkness to find them but when we do, the light can be blinding because our eyes are suddenly opened to what our "lives" have always stopped us from seeing.

I believe to find good karma is to find and dwell on the beauty in life and not to dwell on the sadness that balances it.:bighug1: