PDA

View Full Version : Really freaking out

Blackstar
21-10-08, 21:54
I am so worried I might have dementia....I just keep forgetting things - events, words, how to lock my phone keypad. You name it. I'm really worried, it's happening more and more.

What do I do? Is it likely to have early dementia (I'm 31)? How long do I wait til I bother my GP?

I'm sorry to be abrupt but I'm worrying myself sick here :weep:

Would so appreciate any help and kind words...

Anna. x

Anxious_gal
21-10-08, 23:16
am only advice I have is to go see your doctor now, and make sure you get the appropriate tests done! hopefully you will be ok x

roosey
21-10-08, 23:21
I think its probably because you are anxious about it , i know since i have been anxious , i have been terrible . Mind you I am older than you. But I am sure if you can just collect your thoughts a bit more you would not keep forgetting things

randomworry
21-10-08, 23:55
hi OP please dont worry yourself sick about this! anxiety causes people to forget almost everything! i once forgot how to use the phone at work and was really freaked out and yes the dr DID NOT CONISDER DEMENTIA!

all the best

Andyroo
22-10-08, 01:09
am only advice I have is to go see your doctor now, and make sure you get the appropriate tests done! hopefully you will be ok x

:roflmao: ... (i dont think its anything serious mishel) ... i have really really bad anxiety and one thing ive learned is that Anxiety can make a person very very forgetful... i have had really bad days one time i couldnt even remember my password for my computer and thats a password ive had for years.. somtimes i space out and stare into space :roflmao: .. its just how it is with anxiety im sure many anxiety sufferer's will tell you the same thing... your still young and i dont believe you have anything to worry about :noangel:

Andyswife
22-10-08, 02:42
Stress can make you forgetful sometimes, and even lookng for symptoms can make you feel worse and even make your brain see things that ain't there, such as your forgetfulness.

But I would suggest you bring your concearns up with your GP, there's no harm in doing so.

monika
22-10-08, 02:47
You are not getting dementia!

Stress causes you to be really forgetful. You're nervous system is over stimualted right now. This alters thoughts and how you feel.

I know when I'm stressed i definitly forget a lot of important things! I was convinced one time that my friends ice cream was vanilla even thought it was pink and strawberry! I just mixed them up.
When im stressed i also forget my locker combos, or my computer codes. This is just the stress!

Don't get worked up over it or you are just going to be even more forgetful!

anymore questions or just wanna talk you can pm me :)

Monika

Blackstar
22-10-08, 13:37
Oh, thank you so much everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it and all your advice and kind words :blush:

I know I'm stressed at the moment, not as bad as I have been but enough to distract me from real life and you are all probably right - my mind is so stuffed with anxious thoughts that it can't focus on the 'here and now'. Least, I hope that's all it is! Guess I have to just wait and see (always waiting and seeing!).

Thanks again everyone :yesyes: You have helped enormously :hugs:

Anna. x

HeatherMc
22-10-08, 15:12
try not to worry hun have a word with your dr, I was freaking out over this particular symptom a few months ago and have worked myself into a right state with panic and anxiety, I think it is part of the anxiety spectrum go and see the dr and feedback to us all how you get on, I am sure that you will be ok.

Heather