PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

Andyroo
22-10-08, 12:17
Hello im not really to worried. i just wanted some opinions.. i did a test on myself because ive noticed coffee hurts my throat. i stopped drinking it for about a month.. i finally had a cup today and now my tongue has been itching abit my glans are abit sore when i swallow, and my throat is dry and sore... this was happening alott and that is why i stopped drinking coffee... i do really enjoy coffee so i thought id have a cup today but now i feel this way once again.
i have no idea why this is happening. i am going to quit drinking coffee for now on. i just wanted to know what you guys think about this? coffee really seems to irritate my mouth and throat. has anyone ever had this problem? what should i do? i really just dont get it !!!:scared15:

Andyroo
22-10-08, 12:19
well i guess im kinda worried otherwise i wouldnt make this post lol

amu
22-10-08, 12:27
Maybe you're allergic? I'd stay away from it and move onto tea or coke ;)

Andyroo
22-10-08, 12:30
Maybe you're allergic? I'd stay away from it and move onto tea or coke ;)

ive never really been alergic to anything :scared15: so i didnt think of that ... itchyyyyyyyyyyyy:weep: ouch!

anxious
22-10-08, 12:44
Yep sounds like an allergy to me too. My daughter gets an itchy throat/neck/roof of mouth when she drinks something orange coloured.

Andyroo
22-10-08, 13:27
so if i think i am alergic to coffee whats the right way to handle it? do i just stop drinking coffee? or do i see a doctor about it? i really have never been allergic to anything so im not sure what steps to take if any at all:roflmao:

Mudskipper
22-10-08, 13:42
Worth seeing a doctor perhaps, just to see if what he thinks about an allergy. I enjoy coffee too, but it increases my anxiety levels which then results in physical symptoms manifeting themselves, so I generally steer clear and only have it as an occasional treat after a meal out or similar. Any chance you could be suffering in the same way?

Andyroo
22-10-08, 13:50
Worth seeing a doctor perhaps, just to see if what he thinks about an allergy. I enjoy coffee too, but it increases my anxiety levels which then results in physical symptoms manifeting themselves, so I generally steer clear and only have it as an occasional treat after a meal out or similar. Any chance you could be suffering in the same way?

i dont know ... i used to have panic attacks after caffine.. now i dont.. it really does mess up my throat and make it dry and my glans even get sore.. im not sure if that can be anxiety?

anxious
22-10-08, 14:05
my daughter just tries to avoid orange colourings, obviously sometimes she gets caught out. The night of her prom she came home covered in big itchy hives :blush: she had had bucks fizz in the limo :emot-shakehead:

anx x

sheena
22-10-08, 15:43
Hi Malv

Wow not heard of that sort of allergic reaction to coffee. I had to give up coffee when I had high anxiety but find I can cope with a cup later on in the day. Have you tried de-caff? Life everyone has said may be the doctor can help because that it quite a bad reaction to caffine.

Sheena

Lainey16
22-10-08, 15:54
I've been worried lately of drinking coffee, thinking it would make my heart beat fast and create a panic attack?
I agree, you are very likely just allergic.
:)

Southern_Belle
22-10-08, 16:11
Malv,

I have many food allergies and they can either perform tests on your back or do a simple blood test. I would definately go to a doctor because if it is a caffiene allergy that would cut out more than just coffee. If it is just coffee it would be an allergy to the coffee bean itself. I did not become allergic to foods until I was an adult and even after 5 years of allergy shots it did not help, still allergic. My son was born with 17 fatal food allergies and the shots ultimately helped him so who knows, never thought I'd see the day that child could eat a strawberry!

Take care,

Laura

countrygirl
22-10-08, 18:05
I cannot eat anything with chocolate on it as it makes me choke and my eyes and nose stream. I have always been like this but have no idea why.
Obviously its not an allergy with me but its weird!

Andyroo
23-10-08, 04:58
I've been worried lately of drinking coffee, thinking it would make my heart beat fast and create a panic attack?
I agree, you are very likely just allergic.
:)

yeah lol i know what your saying for awhile i stopped drinking coffee because of that very reason. infact caffine had alott to do with my first panic attack .. well.. caffine and other drinks as well :noangel:
not im control my panic attack pretty well i must say havent had a panic attack in ages mainly just anxiety :noangel:

Andyroo
23-10-08, 05:02
I cannot eat anything with chocolate on it as it makes me choke and my eyes and nose stream. I have always been like this but have no idea why.
Obviously its not an allergy with me but its weird!

lol abit strange i dont know what my deal with coffee is im not sure if its all in my head or what:D but i know it really makes my throat feel bad somtimes i even get a head ache... as for your chocolate problem :roflmao: whats going on ? lol my brother is that same way but with cheeto's (in america)
he can not eat them without being sick... ages ago when he was alittle boy he ate them and they made him sick and ever since then he has been like that :scared15: .. im suprised chocolate does that to you most women love chocolate :noangel:

Andyroo
23-10-08, 05:04
Malv,

I have many food allergies and they can either perform tests on your back or do a simple blood test. I would definately go to a doctor because if it is a caffiene allergy that would cut out more than just coffee. If it is just coffee it would be an allergy to the coffee bean itself. I did not become allergic to foods until I was an adult and even after 5 years of allergy shots it did not help, still allergic. My son was born with 17 fatal food allergies and the shots ultimately helped him so who knows, never thought I'd see the day that child could eat a strawberry!

Take care,

Laura

thanks for the info ive been drinking coffee since i was 17 and i never had this problem untill about age 22 :scared15: i dont know i think i will ask my doctor about this and tell him whats going on and see what he thinks :winks:

Andyroo
23-10-08, 05:09
Hi Malv

Wow not heard of that sort of allergic reaction to coffee. I had to give up coffee when I had high anxiety but find I can cope with a cup later on in the day. Have you tried de-caff? Life everyone has said may be the doctor can help because that it quite a bad reaction to caffine.

Sheena

yeah decafe seemed to do the same thing so i started thinking it was in my head... but im not even afraide of coffee... i really love the taste :noangel: so i dont even see hot it can be due to anxiety.. i know my fears and drinking coffee isnt one of them its so freakin yummy!!! but i think i shall give it up untill i can see a doctor.. i know nothing about allergic reactions.. ive never been allergic to anything as i said before :doh:

Andyroo
23-10-08, 05:13
my daughter just tries to avoid orange colourings, obviously sometimes she gets caught out. The night of her prom she came home covered in big itchy hives :blush: she had had bucks fizz in the limo :emot-shakehead:

anx x

thats a pretty had allergy .. theres so many yummy orange things :roflmao:
i dont really get hives or anything just my throat feels nasty and dry and itches abit .. hmm maybe if i was allergic id get hives? i dont get those :yesyes:

Mistie_In_Oz
23-10-08, 10:10
Hi Malv,
Coffee gives me acid reflux. But, i still drink it, go figure! lol
If your not addicted to it, try not have it, it does also increase anxiety well.
*HUGS*
Mistie