PDA

View Full Version : worry is ruining my life and causing extrem anxiety..pls help

brwn_one
22-10-08, 14:11
hey everyone i have been worried sick because about 8 months ago while moving i threw out my old hard drive without thinking..and have been obsessing about reading stories about idenity theft latley and it has taken me over. Its kind of put me at a stand still. My life is suffering and has been for 8 months since this has started. I have always had ocd, but this is the worst obsession i have experienced. After 8 months odds are it has been destroyed right? i would have known by now if anyone had found it. Basically i am just wondering if it could even survive being put through the trash process..it was just a small laptop hard drive outside of its case..usually if you just drop them they are toast. i also heard the trash from my town goes to the local power plant to be incincerated so the only chance it could have been found is point a to point b. These are all probably true. But i cant make myself let it go..it is truly haunting me..When i start thinking about this stuff i get numb and kind of go into a trans where i dont hear anything else, i start to sweat and breath heavily, and tingle all over..like the feeling you get when someone scares you.
I cant seem to get these thoughts out of my head..any help would be great. Any reassurance..i am on my last leg here. My life..my job..my relationships are all suffering..because my mind is not with them..it is with this obsession, and i am missing out. Thank you

jill
23-10-08, 01:37
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I know this is dame hard for you, but hunny, this is well gone by now, blimey if your trash system is like ours, its defo, well gone, not of this earth, gone to a better place, the hardrive in the sky LOL, you say it goes to be incincerated, well, its toast, its gone. From what you have said about the hard drive (usually if you just drop them they are toast.) I bet it never even survived the journey from A to B.

I know I am making fun of this hun, but this is what you need to try and do, ohhh, I know its dame hard for you, :hugs:

Tetley is sooo right, if anyone was going to use it for the wrong purposeS, it would have been done by now.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

brwn_one
23-10-08, 14:11
Thank you so much for those who replied. Every little bit helps :)

brwn_one
24-10-08, 14:03
Things are getting a little better with it. I try and take it day by day. Some days are really bad to the point where its ALL i think about and others its like its almost gone. Is anyone else like this? Every time i rationalize it, i just come up with another reason to worry..iguess that how these obsessions work :(

House fan
24-10-08, 22:17
The laptop is long gone my friend... gone, smashed, hammered, squashed, pulverised, and has probably been re-cycled into a woman's designer handbag by now, bought by an unassuming lady who probably keeps her laptop in it! Ironic isn't it! Good luck, I hope this helps to reassure you a wee bit.

kendo59
24-10-08, 22:22
It is no longer a hard-drive. It is kaput, it has ceased to be! it's expired and gone to meet 'its maker! it's shuffled off 'its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-HARD-DRIVE!!

brwn_one
28-10-08, 13:53
Thank you everyone :)