PDA

View Full Version : I am new to No More Panic, PLEASE read and help :(

Lainey16
22-10-08, 15:28
I am so sorry for how long this post is.

I am the worst hypacaundriac (can't spell that word!) i know. I seriously worry and panic about every change on or inside my body, these are my current worries!

-I've had headaches every single day for about, 2 months? Sometimes theres throbbing pains, and it's always in the same place! Behind my right eye at the back of my head
-Dizziness just by standing up
-I have absolutely no energy what-so-ever
-My glands have been swollen for what seems 3/4 years (not worrying so much about that)
-The back of my neck hurts and is swollen, just by touching it hurts :shrug:
-

What is worse is i have no energy because i barely sleep, i do sleep but not until at least 1.30/2.00am. I then wake up at about 9/10am but lay in bed on this laptop until 11.30/12.00pm noon. Because i have no energy! But i cannot make myself have an early night no matter how hard i try. The doctor prescribed me anti-depressants, but my Ma took them off me and threw them in the fire. She does not approve. That was about a month ago.
Now, because i am so tired, i asked her if being so tired all the time was dangerous, she mentioned Exhaustion. The only word i listened to after that was 'death'. I am so scared, but my doctor keeps shoving me off with anti-depressants, and no explanation otherwise!

Somebody please help me! The worst part of all this is i'm just 16 years old! I've had to drop out of college due to so much lack of energy.

Any advice would be helpful. I'd just like to know i'm not alone :weep:

Lainey16
22-10-08, 16:21
Somebody please answer this :(
Is exhaustion serious?

amandaj
22-10-08, 16:38
hjas your mum been to drs with you ? maybe then he or she could explain maybe anti depressants are needed short term , my son was 12 when he had depression it all comes hand in hand he was so ill the dr gave him a short dose of prozac and i can honestly say if it wasnt for them im not sure what would of happened , he is now nearly 21 and never suffered again so please dont think there isnt light at the end of the tunnel your still so young keep your chin up exhaustion is part and parcel of anxiety unfort lots of us suffer with it on here any time need a chat feel free to pm me

amandaxx

berkshiregirl
22-10-08, 17:36
hi i think exhustion is dangerous, i had this after my daughter was born, and i couldnt focus on anything at all i just couldnt sleep couldnt eat and couldnt cope, i also had same head problems as you and all over symptoms followed, i was driving myself mad and had to go to see the doctor, you must get you mum to try and understand you need help and she needs to try and understand abit more about depression and anxiety, i wish you so well and it does get better i am thriving now hugs to you and if you ever want to chat xxx

HeatherMc
22-10-08, 19:54
Has your doctor sent you for a blood test, it would show up anaemia on the full blood count which could be a cause of your lack of energy, have you had any virus lately like the flu or tonsillitis or generally feeling unwell, get your mum to go the doctors with you and ask for a blood test also mention glandular fever, if you are prone to virus type things this could be a cause and you are the right age group for this, also get your thyroid checked again this will show up on the blood test.

Also ensure that you are eating a healthy diet plenty of fruit and veg, if you cannot manage this drink fresh juice also take a vitamin supplement any multi vits will do.

Once again get your mum to go with you, and make sure your gp has explored all other avenues.

Good Luck

and even if you do need a short course of anti depressants it is not the end of the world, you will get plenty of support on here

Love

Heather

jojo2316
22-10-08, 20:37
Might you have ME? Has a doc looked at you?

chris q
22-10-08, 20:49
hello look you dont have ME and you dont need to see a doc you have health anxiety its a sod i know i have had it now for about 6 months before that i was fine the pain in the back of you head behind your eye i get all the time so stop worry in about and the neck as well all very comen in anxiety plus i get so sleepy as well i think that we dont sleep very well cos we still panic in our sleep so look dont worry you are ok if you need any help feel free to pm me all the best chris

Master D
22-10-08, 20:56
Everything you just mentioned happens to me too it's normal for people who have anxiety.

pinkpiglet
22-10-08, 23:12
To me it sounds as if you might be run down but i have to ask if your doctor as tested you for glandular fever? I had this at 17 and it is very coomon amongst teenagers and students in particular. Your symptoms sound very very very similiar to how mine started, i think you need to get this checked out.

Alisonj
23-10-08, 00:30
Oh I am so sorry you are facing this at such a young age. I am very similar. I stay up late and sleep in and have zero energy. I am still having blood work to find out causes. Is your diet good? Do you take a vitamin? Drink lots of water. Anemia is defintely the most common cause of tiredness and "exhaustion" A simple blood test can rule out many things.
But dont panic, you will be ok. I am sure it is nothing serious. Huge hugs and anytime you need to talk let me know

Andyroo
23-10-08, 01:58
Hey i really wish i could be more help to you
all i can really do is share with you what im going threw

right now the main things i am struggling with is HA and my sleep i new i had a problem when i hadnt slept for 5 days.. it was horrible i dont like to talk about it much because i really worry about it. i have been sleeping very well this week.. very well for me is 3 hours of sleep.. im always tired and im always feeling run down and weak. ive been to a doctor and he has put me on Anti D's .. i know its horrible always feeling tired and not being able to sleep... sleeping was my one escape out of this horrible anxiety and now i cant sleep anymore :weep: .. look i know your scared but you are not alone because im right here with you. if i havent already got so many tests done i would think there is somthing seriously wrong with me.. but its only anxiety and its caused me to not be able to sleep properly.. if i were you id get tests done, if you havent had them done already.. exhustion hasnt killed me i go days without sleeping... all tho im sure its not healthy and it can be dangerious if your driving or at work... ive met with other people who get less sleep then i do and well they are still alive as well... by dangerous im sure your doctor means in the long run because ii hear lack of sleep can age you faster... right now you have lots of time to find a solution to this problem.. its not going to kill you i promise. but i thnk getting tests would be a good idea.. and once u find out nothing is wrong with you, then you can find a solution to your sleep issues.. i know what your going threw if you ever need to talk let me know :noangel:

smcc8172
23-10-08, 20:30
Lainey if you read some of the symptoms posts on this website I think you will be reassured. ALL of which you have described can be put done to anxiety, if you are a hypocondriac then you are going to naturally focus on the negative thoughts for every 'symptom' you get (beleive me I know) it is really really hard but you have to try and say to yourself every time you get a panicky thought, I know what this is and I am stronger than it and I am fine it will pass and I will be OK, you WILL get better and you will get through this I promise.

People who have never had anxiety do not understand what it is like so dont blame your mum for being scared of you being on the anti depressants, it's scary for her too she just wants you to be normal. Go and see your doc again and see if he can refer you to a therapist who can teach you very effective techniques to help you cope.

All the best