PDA

View Full Version : Doxycyclin for sinus infectioni

countrygirl
22-10-08, 18:13
Re previous post sinus/thoat/
I saw one Dr who I don't like as she makes fun of my h a and she said as I didn't have any nasty green stuff from my nose I didn't have any infection, I was sure the pain in my face.gums and roof of mouth with the nasal drip pointed to infection but didn't argue.
I went to see the other Dr today who is lovely and never makes fun of my ha and as soon as I described the pain in my face/gum and tender roof of mouth and post nasal drip with very painful back of nose she straight away said I had a sinus infection. I didn't tell her what other Dr had said just asked if you can have infection without green snot!! and she said of course as the sinuses go down in a triange from nose to gum and its a design fault as the drainage hole is above so you can get gunk trapped there and infection but it cant get out to your nose. She said it was probably running out the back and that was why my back of nose was so painful and why I was choking on food.
So she offered either ammoxil or doxycyline she said the doxy was the preferred on as its more specific and the ammoxil is so broad spectrum that you get more side effects. As ammox always gives me thrush I agreed to the Doxy but can't remember if I have ever had it before- have had tetracycline many years ago okay .
Has anyone on here taken doxycycline and been okay on it.
I am starting it tomorrow.

lorac
22-10-08, 18:39
Hi Countrygirl

Can't help with the medication I have never had that but I can say that I am having terrible sinus trouble at the moment and I never get green stuff from my nose. The first doctor you went to shouldn't make fun of your ha you stick with the nice doctor I am sure he will be of more help to you.

Hope your sinus infection clears up soon I know how unpleasant it can be.

Carol

Trixie
22-10-08, 19:10
Everyone reacts differently to medication. Some get side effects others don't, some find the medication good others don't. The only way you will find if they are suited to you is by taking them. It doesn't matter about anyone else.

:yesyes:

worryguy9
22-10-08, 19:36
Hey, for what its worth I was on Doxycycline for 10 days and felt fine throughout, but ofcourse everyone reacts differently.

Good luck:yesyes: