PDA

View Full Version : This Morning...

belle
22-10-08, 18:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jugiQnkl-ZY

Did anyone see Kerry Katona this morning with Philip and Fern? If not, there is the link. I would like opinions please.

Is this just the side effects of the drugs she's taking for her bi-polar or is it something else?

marie1974
22-10-08, 18:32
i think she had been drinking lots matey, she looked really out of it, i feel sorry for her cos she got no one in her life she can really trust and she got that idiot husband of hers who i cant stand.

she will b really embarrassed watching that back i think

jo61
22-10-08, 18:37
I watched it and reckoned she obviously has a drink problem, call me judgemental if you like :blush:

marie1974
22-10-08, 18:39
yes i think phil and fern were quite shocked cos she seemed so out of it.

joy
22-10-08, 18:40
Why dont I get the sound?? Not good at this computer lark

Joy

Jaco45er
22-10-08, 18:41
I can't believe her advisors let her on.

she look defo drunk.

I can't stand celebs and celeb obsessed UK, however, if the lass is having trouble I think it's a shame the tabloids will pile into her in the morning.

Tis a shame for the girl

Jaco

Wolfie
22-10-08, 18:42
Hmmm, I'm realllyyy not sure what to think on this. In the interview she does kinda have the characteristics of someone who has been drinking - facial expressions, repeating herself, slurring big time, etc.
But if you notice at the beginning of the clip, when it's showing her with the surgeon - she's slurring there too - I mean she couldn't possibly be drunk before she got her sugery, right?

So I'm sitting on the fence really. It's weird - you'd think if it was the meds that were causing it - she'd notice and be aware of her slurring, wouldn't she??

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

marie1974
22-10-08, 18:47
jaco theres me thinking a smart comment was coming from ya and u was all nice and sweet bless haha.

u r just a big softie who loves jeremy kyle and x factor aren't u matey.
hugs xxxxxxxxxx

ps i agree i feel really sad for her too

titchjd
22-10-08, 18:59
I just watched it and think its years of drugs and alcohol abuse plus meds that have made her like that .....I do feel sorry for her in 1 way as she has the most horrible partner who uses her and pushes her shes so dependent on him its a shame .

Granny Primark
22-10-08, 19:02
I feel extremely sad for kerry.
She was brill in the jungle and she seemed a wonderful caring mum.
Im sure the break up of her marriage is the reason for how kerry is behaving now.
It seemed to me she was very much in love with Brian Mcfadden and was totally gutted when their marriage ended.
Im pretty certain shed had a drink before she went on but having said that if she is on medication that reacts badly with alcohol perhaps just 1 or 2 drinks would make her speach slurr so badly.
I wish the girl all the best.

eeyorelover
22-10-08, 19:07
It says that she is on meds for bipolar disorder. Wonder if it could be a change in dosage or something??
I can't imagine who she has around her that would allow her to go on like that!!!
I feel really sad for her cuz this clip will be around forever!!!

Oceanblue
22-10-08, 19:10
Hmmm, I'm realllyyy not sure what to think on this. In the interview she does kinda have the characteristics of someone who has been drinking - facial expressions, repeating herself, slurring big time, etc.
But if you notice at the beginning of the clip, when it's showing her with the surgeon - she's slurring there too - I mean she couldn't possibly be drunk before she got her sugery, right?

So I'm sitting on the fence really. It's weird - you'd think if it was the meds that were causing it - she'd notice and be aware of her slurring, wouldn't she??

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I totally agree with you Wolfie.

I have Bi-polar myself. I believe this illness is very misunderstood.

Good on her for going for the interview.

She was obviously put on the spot by Phil with some sort of confrontation, and I think she delt with that really well.

She could have had something to drink beforehand,... I mean.. who's to really know :shrug:? Only, I do want to make clear that i've been put on medication for Bi-polar and I too felt extremely slow, slurring words, drunk like, very similar. I think it's too easy to judge. Once I'd taken specific med's for this illness I discontinued just because of this reason (after feeling much better of course).
Am not saying that I won't have to take them in the future, this wouldn't be any surprise to me, because that is how the illness goes.

As for Kerry - If however, these are just the meds, then.. So much better for her. Nobody, can possibly understand unless they've been through the same thing, or have taken the same medication. The same goes for anything,.. being an alcoholic, drug addiction, Trauma, suffering with panic, anxiety... whatever.

jodie
22-10-08, 19:26
hiya

i did watch it this morning and was thinking oh god this poor lass is going to get it in the papers tomoz for sure (i guess not what she wants right now)
i do think she had been drinking ,but what makes it worse is that they let her on the show they must have seen the state of her befor she went on and what it would do to her.
i hope she see it and it makes her get help

jodie x

IrishPrincess
22-10-08, 19:57
Awww I really feel for kerry.Her husband or someone should not of let her go on screen,knowing what the press is like to her.She looked really out of it,id say she had a few drinks and maybe it did interfere with her meds,who knows.But I found it painful to watch,i was cringing.

Oceanblue
22-10-08, 20:14
Awww I really feel for kerry.Her husband or someone should not of let her go on screen,knowing what the press is like to her.She looked really out of it,id say she had a few drinks and maybe it did interfere with her meds,who knows.But I found it painful to watch,i was cringing.

Yep, it was uncomfortable to watch, and I too expect it to be all over the tabloids tomorrow,.. but then that's just how it always goes eh ? Am sure that most who do buy the tabloids 2moro will have an opinion, whether they've seen the interview or not ( I very much doubt it'll be a positive one) :unsure:. The Media, swaying views so to be against. Just typical,.. and so wrong. But then,.. that's the way tabloids go,.. £Money, £money, £money.

Mad, mad world.

Yvonne
22-10-08, 20:41
Irish Princess ---- I WANT MRS DOYLE!!!! Where d'you get her???? you wil you wil you will you will you will lol.

Right Kerry Katona.

I was walking through the lounge to the conservatory, I only have the TV on for noise in the morning I don't actually watch. However....... I was stopped in my tracks. I could not believe it and had to sit down.

First of all she was slurring badly but as for kind of off her face I personally wouldn't say so. Phil had no alternative but to confront her with the fact that she did not appear normal. He was not being nasty or anything he dealt with it marvellously. He told her that she was obviously not alright and that calls were already coming in from the public. He had to do this surely?

I have to say that she answered questions seemingly accurately and kept her cool which makes me wonder if she was actually drunk.

She said that she was on Chlorpromazine (anti psychotic, used for mild anx and to help patient to sleep) now anyone out there on this med (I know someone who I speak to often) ---- ever get slurred speech??? I doubt it. She said that she took her med later than usual last night due to heavy workload and having a late night. Hmmmmmmm .... nope I don't think the med caused the slurred speech at all. I was on a similar med (Quetiapine) and if I had suffered slurred speech I would have known about it.

Sorry all you fans of Kerry out there and please don't think I'm a nasty person but I do not like this woman one bit. Yes, she was good on Jungle but since then she has gone further and further down in my estimation. She is talentless and uninteresting. Why on earth are people interested in this person? Why is she always in women's magazines? I defo don't want to read about her. I certainly don't want to see her on Iceland ads either.

Max Clifford was on radio 5 Live earlier this evening and he said she should never have been allowed to go on air this morning. I agree wholeheartedly. What sort of a husband would let his wife go into the lion's den in such a shocking state? What tv management would let her appear on tv. It was cruel really.

People like Kerry Katona court the press all the time because they WANT the publicity then when the media catches them at their worst they cry for sympathy. I have no time for these people.

She has bi polar and for that I do feel sympathy for the girl. However, she is sound in mind when it comes to earning money from tv and magazines - she herself should have made excuses and not appeared on tv this morning.

If I had her money I would not be spending it on a new body I would be spending it down the Priory getting myself well. How many of us would like to be able to get treated for our anxiety/depression at the Priory?

Sorry to all you Kerry lovers but just had to get that off my chest.

Yvonne

joy
22-10-08, 20:48
WEll said Yvonne

It certainly made uncomfortable viewing and think Fern and Phil handled it brilliantly

Joy

Jaco45er
22-10-08, 20:50
Yvonne I worry about you, you hold back too much ;)

Granny Primark
22-10-08, 21:03
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
jaco
Lets give this girl a chance.
She so obviously has major problems and is not being given the help she is so in need of.
This girl needs help.
My heart goes out to her.

Oceanblue
22-10-08, 21:05
Irish Princess ---- I WANT MRS DOYLE!!!! Where d'you get her???? you wil you wil you will you will you will lol.

Right Kerry Katona.

I was walking through the lounge to the conservatory, I only have the TV on for noise in the morning I don't actually watch. However....... I was stopped in my tracks. I could not believe it and had to sit down.

First of all she was slurring badly but as for kind of off her face I personally wouldn't say so. Phil had no alternative but to confront her with the fact that she did not appear normal. He was not being nasty or anything he dealt with it marvellously. He told her that she was obviously not alright and that calls were already coming in from the public. He had to do this surely?

I have to say that she answered questions seemingly accurately and kept her cool which makes me wonder if she was actually drunk.

She said that she was on Chlorpromazine (anti psychotic, used for mild anx and to help patient to sleep) now anyone out there on this med (I know someone who I speak to often) ---- ever get slurred speech??? I doubt it. She said that she took her med later than usual last night due to heavy workload and having a late night. Hmmmmmmm .... nope I don't think the med caused the slurred speech at all. I was on a similar med (Quetiapine) and if I had suffered slurred speech I would have known about it.

Sorry all you fans of Kerry out there and please don't think I'm a nasty person but I do not like this woman one bit. Yes, she was good on Jungle but since then she has gone further and further down in my estimation. She is talentless and uninteresting. Why on earth are people interested in this person? Why is she always in women's magazines? I defo don't want to read about her. I certainly don't want to see her on Iceland ads either.

Max Clifford was on radio 5 Live earlier this evening and he said she should never have been allowed to go on air this morning. I agree wholeheartedly. What sort of a husband would let his wife go into the lion's den in such a shocking state? What tv management would let her appear on tv. It was cruel really.

People like Kerry Katona court the press all the time because they WANT the publicity then when the media catches them at their worst they cry for sympathy. I have no time for these people.

She has bi polar and for that I do feel sympathy for the girl. However, she is sound in mind when it comes to earning money from tv and magazines - she herself should have made excuses and not appeared on tv this morning.

If I had her money I would not be spending it on a new body I would be spending it down the Priory getting myself well. How many of us would like to be able to get treated for our anxiety/depression at the Priory?

Sorry to all you Kerry lovers but just had to get that off my chest.

Yvonne

I'm literally in tears peeing myself laughing...:roflmao:

Bf, just walked in and asked,.. 'If I was alright' Lol.

Yvonne
22-10-08, 21:18
Jaco - now that did make me laugh!!!! Praps its this Effexor making me so verbal lol. No, I just had to get it out.

Granny - I know you feel sorry for her and I think you are a lovely person to feel sorry for her ----- but I'm afraid I just can't. She brings all this stuff on herself. Earlier on you said that maybe her meds and alcohol didn't mix well and maybe this had affected her. Well, should she really be drinking on these meds ... and in the morning?? I think we know the answer to that.

I bet I've wound loads of people up lol.

pinkpiglet
22-10-08, 22:56
thanks for that link as i missed the show! It's a mirror image of last time she was on there. I do feel sorry for Kerry to a certain extent but we must not lose sight of the fact that she is the mother of four children. I for one think she will be lucky to keep the oldest two girls. Their paternal grandmother is fighting for custody and I am sorry to say that i feel that they may actually be better off with her than with kerry. Their father is no better though, he knows how troubled kerry has been yet he has been happy to up sticks and move to australia with his bit on the side. I suppose Kerry as at least stuck around and would hate to have her girks taken away but we have to think what is best for the children. If Kerry doesnt straighten her act up soon she may find herself going down the same path has her own mother.
She is definitely out of it on The show, she is doing herself no favours.

belle
22-10-08, 22:58
I feel sorry for her children!

pinkpiglet
22-10-08, 23:03
oh yeah and can i just add, after reading Jaco's post. kerry should not be mixing her medication with drink or illegal substances. I had a bad reaction to having 2 glasses of lager whilst on Fluoxetine (20mg). Kerry is on a much stronger medication than that yet she still does whatever it is she does. I do not claim to be the best mum in the world but i would much sooner be alert throughout the night and during the day for my sons benefit and wellbeing, not tipping champagne down my neck & snorting cocaine. I used to love Kerry but i am running low on sympathy for her. sorry!

belle
23-10-08, 10:51
Having just watched This Mornings response to yesterdays interview with KK, i am in agreement that yes, perhaps it was just her medication side effects, BUT...it was irresponsible to have her on TV in that state.

There is no question she 'looked' a million times better, and maybe mentally she is healthier, happier and more content...still, i think if on those days her meds are giving her those nasty side effects - keep her home :)

t0rt01se36
23-10-08, 12:19
I haven't seen Kerry on the This Morning programme but I shall watch the You Tube clip.

I have had the opportunity to meet Kerry in her Atomic Kitten days and I feel sad that people are talking about her in such a negative way. Kerry was hyperactive then. Also I feel sad that what ever has happened to make Kerry into this state, she doesn't deserve it and I hope she gets the help she deserves.

Famous people are humans too, just like us and go through bad times just like normal people.

lilibet
23-10-08, 14:56
Hi everyone

I remember her when she used to host loose women with the other girls. She was so happy back then, married to Brian, 2 young girls and she just seemed so content. I also remember when she did celebrity get me out of here. I think the rot set in when Brian left her.

lilibet x

titch
23-10-08, 15:25
shes come from warrington..the same place as me and people are always calling her and shes always about somewhere in a magazine with the latest gossip..she is also my best mate from primary schools cousin and i feel so sorry for kerry shes had a tough life.x

marie1974
09-11-08, 14:46
in the daily mail today kerry confesses to bein an alchoholic, i hope now she can rebuild her life and get some help for her sake and her girls.

she says she can go with out a drink everyday but its hard and she had this prob for years, so i wonder now whether she had been mixing drink with meds mayb on this morning.

i hope she gets the right support cos she seems so vulnerable and lots of people take advantage.

flymo9
09-11-08, 15:21
i feel sorry for her, think she needs alot of support and help, think her ex was to blame for alot

marie1974
09-11-08, 15:32
yes i agree, i dont think she has got very many people around her who she can really trust, its a shame she parted company with max clifford cos from wot i have read i think he really cares about her.

belle
10-11-08, 13:27
Admitting is the first step to recovery.