PDA

View Full Version : Sweating and shaking

Magic Boots
02-06-03, 12:31
Hi I have had panic attacks for the last 15 or so years, i have tried allsorts but the only thing that is helping at the moment is propananol, i also have hyperhyrosis which tends to agrivate the panic attacks i have tried all the usual lotions but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have the same problem?

bruce
08-06-03, 00:43
Try cognitve behavioral therapy (based on helping the individual think more logically about the panic) and i have founfd clonezepam/klonopin to help with the attacks but they are supposedly habit forming so you may want to go for a good antidepressant like prozac, zoloft, paxil, etc.

I personally didnt choose this (although in tried them) beacuse i was afraid of how it would reshape me as a person in the long term and also what it would be like after i came off them, plus the first two weeks of treatment seemed too much, paxil gave me a panic attack and zoloft gave me a mood altering high that i was unconfortable with continuing.

However i know of people who do both drugs regualrly and have not suffered any of this and have benefited. also bro, the more you educate yourself with your situation the more you will relaize that its not life threatening and the better you will feel, you get a symptom and you think o well **** this i read all about this and i know it is a symptom of panic and i am not afraid at all.

It's kind of cool when you get to that level, somehow you come out stronger than the regular person who has never gone thru this.

I have found that the uk sites are excellent for panic probs, dig in, knowledge is power, also dont hide your attacks, perhaps avoid advertsing them but talk about them freely, you would be surprised how many people go thru this kind of crap for various reasons and the talking about it will help you to cope.

Definitely seek out a CBT theripist if this seems to be getting worse, therapy is not for wusses, its for the intellegent, those who want to attack their panic problems.

The best to you, bruce

i am here as a result of my continuing efforts to lead an anxiety free life