PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone,

sunshine237
22-10-08, 21:06
this is the first time I have posted anything on the web like this so quite alien for me, but it is a real relief to read stories from people who are experiencing similar and in a lot of cases worse panic/anxiety attacks than me.

I had my first panic attack after I had my first child and called for an ambulance thinking that I was having a heart attack, I then had a few more and each time I went to hospital with a clean bill of health. My doctor sent me to a group therapy course which was okay but only showed me that there were worse off people than me. Panic did start to take over my life a bit and this was accompanied with depression, so I was put on citalopram which stopped the panic attacks and made me feel better with little side effects. I came off them when I found out I was pregnant with my second child and was fine for over a year. Then recently my nana died and out of the blue I had another and so the cycle has started again. I went to my doctor today because I felt in a severe state of panic today and just could not control it. He told me about a free online course called living life to the full so I am going to try that with some relaxation and taking time out for myself. I am also taking St Johns Wort and would really like to stay off citalopram and go with something more natural.
Anyway I will try the course and give you feedback on how I went on but I am sure some of you have done it already.
Thanks for listening:)

pooh
22-10-08, 21:28
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Lynnann
22-10-08, 21:39
Hi,

:welcome: to NMP, you will find this site a great source of information and support and make some great friends along your journey to recovery.

Lynnann

Veronica H
22-10-08, 21:42
hi Sunshine:welcome:

I have just started this online course, it is easy to follow. I would also recommend Dr Claire Weekes books and the free downloads of her work available from the NMP shop. Glad you have found us.

Veronica

IrinaSmirnova
23-10-08, 11:12
Welcome! We will to try to cure itself without drugs. :)

weeble40
23-10-08, 17:25
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
23-10-08, 18:11
welcome to nmp hunny

love from milly xxxx

jodie
23-10-08, 18:49
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

lorac
23-10-08, 20:02
Hi Sunshine

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol