PDA

View Full Version : taritive diskisnesya (proabaly spelt really wrong), tounge wobbles

Ultraking
22-10-08, 21:19
Hey, i'm new to the site.

I was just wondering do any of you ever get tounge wobbles?

It usualy happens when happens when i've had a bit to much to drink, my tounge would start wobbling without me knowing, it's really annoying.

My friend said it could be tartative diskinesia, i told my doctor but she said it wouldnt be likely as i'm on a low dose. I had my medication reduced, but she didnt really tell me anything more.

Has anyone else ever gotten symntoms like this or know what it might be.

SuperInfinity
22-10-08, 22:09
What you're taking are some of the most dangerous and damaging drugs known to man. My advice to you is really strongly to get off of those things as fast as you damn can!!! Don't take anymore!!!

Trixie
23-10-08, 06:18
If this helps it's Tardive Dyskinesia :)

Ultraking
23-10-08, 16:37
What the ssri's?

its a small dose of risperdone and i dont like not taking them, i find myself a lot more anxious and moody.

Ultraking
29-10-08, 21:09
hey sorry to bump, but i'd like to know if anyone else has any clues about my problem.

Thanks in advance.

LeeBee
30-10-08, 06:07
Not something I've experienced myself, what did your doctor say it might be caused by? If you're on risperidone, it seems more likely that what you're experiencing is akathisia than tardive dyskinesia, the latter usually being a side effect of anti-psychotic drug withdrawal than of the drug itself? Akathisia can cause repetitive movements and is listed as a side effect risperidone. I'm no expert, that's just what I've read. I can only advise that you talk to your doctor about it again, see if he/she thinks that it might be the risperidone tha is causing it, and whether it is worth adjusting your dose or trying a different drug if you really need to continue taking something. Either that or just stop drinking. Good luck :).

rwsabc
08-05-16, 14:12
I have it too