PDA

View Full Version : New Symptom, Please Help!!

MVP123
22-10-08, 21:37
I have been suffering from anxiety for the last few months and have been on Fluoxetine for 5 weeks now. This morning I noticed that one of my pupils was larger than the other one and still is. I know that Fluoxetine can make your pupils enlarged, but I thought that would be both of them not just one. I then stupidly googled it, and it mentioned Brain Tumour, so of course I am now freaking out. Anybody else had this, please help!!!!

Andyroo
23-10-08, 06:01
I have been suffering from anxiety for the last few months and have been on Fluoxetine for 5 weeks now. This morning I noticed that one of my pupils was larger than the other one and still is. I know that Fluoxetine can make your pupils enlarged, but I thought that would be both of them not just one. I then stupidly googled it, and it mentioned Brain Tumour, so of course I am now freaking out. Anybody else had this, please help!!!!

google is very very very bad... ignore that.. dont you think its alittle strange once you google somthing and see its somthing bad .. your so fast to believe it? thats anxiety for you.. are you posivite your puplis are as you described them? somtimes Anxiety can make things worse then what they really are... i highly doubt you have a brain tumour... i wish i had a dollar for everytime google was wrong :roflmao: (if it really concerns you go see your gp)
but i can tell your anxious about it ... you just noticed it... then googled it... now u have a brain tumour:doh:

HeatherMc
23-10-08, 10:07
hiya

I have been on Citalopram for three days and have noticed that my pupils are HUGE! I don't think it is anything to worry about, please please do not google, honestly you can scare yourself to death or insanity looking things up on there, because your anxiety is so high at the moment, your brain will instantly pick out the worst case scenarios and foucus on them (I know because I have been there done it and bought the bloomin t shirt) it is not worth it hun, if you are concerned post on here, there is always a little voice of wisdom hanging about to reassure you. Honestly there should be a little list of commandments for the anxious and number one should be.

1.THOUS SHALT NOT GOOGLE NO MATTER HOW BAD I FEEL!

Lots of love

Heather

pinkpiglet
23-10-08, 11:08
This is a worry of mine from a few months back, i noticed that one of my pupils was bigger than the other, it varies from eye to eye. I also googled and was met by 'Brain tumour'. Panic set in quickly and i was constantly checking my eyes in the mirror. I mentioned this to my friend at work, who then came to me the following week to say she was now worried as she had experienced the same problem. I then noticed a thread on here where several people complained of having odd sized pupils. I do get headaches and eye pain but i think that it is more to do with anxiety and exhaustion. It is something that i occassionally concern myself with but i think that this is probably more common than people think.

MVP123
23-10-08, 12:20
Thanks for your replies guys and just to let you know my pupils were the same size as each other this morning and they both react the same way to the light, so huge relief yet again, mind you I still can't help checking them everytime I go to the toilet. I think its just my meds messing everything up. I am so sick of this anxiety rubbish. I wish a had a time machine and I could go back to this time last year when I felt normal and was relatively happy. I have had a headache everyday now for about 3 or 4 months and sometimes it is so hard to keep telling myself this is just anxiety. So fed up of it all now, but I will never never never google again!!!! http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/icons/icon9.gif

Smiley?
23-10-08, 12:28
I spent a whole day googling withdrawal and scared myself so much. Thought i was just informing myself before going to see the GP the next day. Told him what I'd seen on the internet and he poo-pooed it straight away - felt much better after talking to a real person who knows what he's talking about (i'm lucky to have an understanding doctor)

Google is baaaaad - talk to us instead!

rainbow
23-10-08, 16:29
Hi just wanted to say that almost exactly a year ago i noticed the same thing. My left pupil was larger than the right, i went into a complete panic, thought i must definately have a brain tumour and phoned NHS direct. I was on holiday at the time and they managed to reassure me to a point, but it was'nt long until i was on the phone in tears to my GP. He said that it was probably nothing serious but to go to the opticians the next day for an eye test. After trying a few different opticians my daughter literally begged one to see me that day as i was in such a state. The optometrist looked into my eyes and said that she could'nt see anything of concern and i had a couple of other tests also which turned out fine. She said i could have been born like that or it could be hormonal. Anyway its still the same, i was so obsessed that i had about 70 photos of my eyes on my phone. Also i've noticed that my son and my daughter have the same thing, as does my grandson. We all have blue eyes and i think i read somewhere that its more common in blue eyes.

It would'nt do any harm to go along to an optometrist and have your eyes tested, it certainly put my mind at rest. Well for a while anyway:blush: , damn this health anxiety!

stokesey
23-10-08, 18:58
hi all i am new on here and i am understanding how you all feel i have been suffering from health anxiety for 11 months now mostly headacres every single day for 11 months all day i have thought i had a brain tumour,anyrism,and many more things i hate feeling like this and just wish i was me again and now i seem to have an enlarged pupil right sided i am now really worried and am thinking something is wrong again i also suffer dizziness off balance heart flutter shakes etc etc.... however i have had endless test 2 brain ct scans 1 mri scan ecgs blood work and so on you name it i have had it and thankfully all has come back normal so please tell me what is going on is this really anxiety or is it something series my doctor just thobs me of all the time i am so scared i am dying and i am one of these people that google ever symptom they feel which is not a good thing t do at all it scares me half to death and then i am up all night worrying any help or advise would be great.
:yahoo: