PDA

View Full Version : Strange reaction to alcohol

worryguy9
22-10-08, 22:22
Hey All

Just wanting to know if anyone gets this:

Whenever I drink alcohol I feel my whole jaw tightens up, particularly round at the sides. This has only been happening the past few days but I am really worried about it now. I am worried it is something to do with my lymph nodes but I don't have any swelling or any other symptoms.

My jaw muscles seem to be tight more often now and I can't seem to shake it, but drinking alcohol seems to exacberate it!

Would love to hear from anyone with any similar experiences or ideas as to what it might be.

Thanks

thoughts and actions
22-10-08, 22:41
hey

dont know ure background but do u suffer from anxiety or panic?

If you do then subconsiously we tighten our jaws when we are anxious- if you are an anx person chances r ure jaws are tight most of the time without u even noticing (back and shoulders 2) so when u have a drink that relaxes u so u start to relax ure jaw muscles (which have been clenched all day ) so auto u will be conscious of them- is it that their clenching up or just relaxing?

Ive read that paragraph back n i hope u understand what am trying to say as it does sound confusing lol

If you dont suffer from anx or panic then dont know what it would be - does it happen with all alcohol or just a paticualr type?
xx

jill
23-10-08, 00:11
Hi there, :D:hugs:

Thoughts and actions has explaned it well :yesyes:

I am good at anylising myself, ohh boy, alcahol, before I suffered pa's high anxiety, I used to get a problem when drinking, never new what it was and why it happend.(not untill I found this great site) Mine was, as soon as I had a drink, it could be just a shandy, anything with alcahol in, my goodness me, I would go to the loo straight away, for a Mmmm :blush: number 2.

Now, I am panic, high anxiety free because of this great site :yesyes: I came to understand that I was NEVER relaxed, never new how too, always tense. When drinking alcahol even in small doses, its a muscul relaxent. It relaxed me sooo much, I went to loo :blush: ohh, I know, I know, very strange.

As it has been said, if the musculs have been tight for along time and they get relaxed by the drink, this may make them feel sore. OR you maybe noticing them relax and then, you quickly tense them up again, Mmm just my oppinon.

Do you use relaxation cds, I found this helped lots, they do not work over night, they do take time, but they do work, well, they worked for me. I still use them from time to time because I was sooo tense and had been for along time, I have a muscul in my back, which is knotted, Mmm, this is taking alot longer.

Hope this has been of some help

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

kendo59
23-10-08, 00:20
You know that old joke...

Patient: Doctor Doctor, it hurts when I do THIS.
Doctor: Well don't do that.

Badoom-tish. :D

Alisonj
23-10-08, 00:27
I have never had much luck with alcohol. It either causes me to get really hot and flushed and I panic or the spins or something that sets me off.

jill
23-10-08, 01:16
Hi :D

when I was acute, I stopped drinking, I told myself, not forever, just for now, just untill I can get my head around what was going on with my mind and body.

Alcahol is a stimulant, if you are acute with panic, anxiety, you will notice ANY changes in your body and in your thought pattens. Alcahol, changes the way we feel and think. BUT, when we are acute we can over react to the sensations alcahol give use.

I stoped drinking because, at the time, I was getting the effect of alcahol in the mornings EVEN WITHOUT drinking.

Even now, I can have a drink, but, if I have major problems I am dealing with I stear clear from alcahol, I have found for myself, the morning after I loose focus on the problem and my mind becomes very negative.

LOVE JILLXXX

kate07
23-10-08, 18:26
hello!

I have had this before! from drinking white wine when I was at uni, doesnt happen now and I don't know why it ever did, but nothing bad happened to me after so I wouldn't worry too much! Feels more like the jaw/neck on one size seizes up a bit, for like about 10 mins or something. I thought it was a bit odd at the tiime so didn't tell anyone so not sure if its common or not...
xx