PDA

View Full Version : please help

xxkatiebxx
23-10-08, 09:04
HI there,

I have been on cipralex 10mg for 5 years nonstop due to my panic disorder. I am in a better place now, and want to try for a baby and so over the last 4 weeks have been reducing my dosage by 2.5mg per week.

I took my last half tablet on Saturday night and so haven't taken anyting for 4 days now. As I started to reduce the meds I did notice this brain zap sensation, which made it hard for me to focus especially when driving. It also spread to my ears does ayone else get this? Anyway yesterday the brain zaps were coming every few minutes and made my day very uncomfortable and stressful - I was in tears and found it hard to be at work.

My question is, should I ride out these zaps, and how long are they supposed to last? Am off work today because I couldn't sleep (another symptom) amd can't handle working with these brain sensations.

Thank you xx

Mistie_In_Oz
23-10-08, 09:54
Hi there,
Did you discuss coming off the medication with your doctor first? Does he/she know you plan to get pregnant?

bab
23-10-08, 10:42
Hi there Katie
Im on cipralex. before that I was on citalopram and stayed on it for both my pregnancies. Prior to that i was on seroxat and got the brain zaps while withdrawing - they do eventually go x

xxkatiebxx
25-10-08, 00:48
Hi my doc does know I have stopped cipralex and that we are going to try for a baby.

The symptoms are still here, but seem less so in the morning, I am off sick from work with them as they are so distressing.

How long does this last for, does anyone know? I have read that it can last several weeks and if this is the case I can't cope for that long and may to go back on them and then reduce down more slowly. I really don't want to do this though as I feel the last two days have been for nothing.

PLease reply, katiexx

marky999
26-10-10, 22:04
Hi Katie x x

I am having these "Zaps" at the mo too :-( , mine is from starting a completley new anti-depressant called Agomelatine it is classed as a NDDI therefore doesn't help increase Serotonin as such, so now I have completely stopped my old SSRI I'm having these "Brain Zaps" :-( they are bloody horrible !! especially when the new med showed signs of starting to work (after just over a week of taking it) and now I have these horrible Zaps when I look left or right or turn my head :-( it really does bring you down :-( I'm feeling very down and negative today, and think it's because of these Zaps :-(.
I have been told they DO go away with time (I wish I knew how long though) I too am off work, and all I want to do is get back there and start living a normal life again :-( I totally know how you feel with these Zaps, but hang on in there and they will go eventually x it must be the receptors trying to normalize again, and they will do in time x x x
Chin up as best you can and just remind yourself that they are only temporary x x x

Marky Mark x x