PDA

View Full Version : Monophobia

emma1980
23-10-08, 11:28
Is anyone else scared of being alone?

I'm particularly scared of being away from my mum. It's gotten so bad that I've had to move back in with my parents for now as my partner is out a lot with work.

I feel so trapped and utterly useless.

I miss my partner desperately but can't cope with the worry of being on my own and the amount of pressure I'm putting on him.

belle
23-10-08, 19:17
I use to be really reall;y bad. I would panic ALL day when my ex was at work and would call him at least 10 times a day freaking out. He only worked 2 minutes away and i would panic for those 2 minutes it took him to get there and i would only relax (a little) when i knew he was in that one place.

When it was time for him to go into town i would have to get my mother round to sit with me in case i panicked. I hated the thought of him being in the supermarket and not come to my help straight away.

Now, i am alone pretty much all day, everyday. and i love it :)

If you want to chat, feel free to PM me.

x

vitbee
24-10-08, 15:10
hi there,
new member here i hate being alone also and relay on my daughter who hates being here i just want to be able to live alone without being scared
vit

Cherbear
25-10-08, 11:12
Hi Emma,

I understand exactly how you feel :hugs:

I live with both my mum and boyfriend and can't bear to be without either of them really. I have times when I'm on my own (my boyfriend is at uni and my mum is at work) and even though it's only a couple of hours I find it soooo hard. I depend on them both greatly, I get nervous on my own. Also if I have a burst of anxiety I find it better to have one of them there.

What I suggest is what I try and do. I try and see time on my own as a good thing. A chance to do something I want to do, whether that be writing a book, getting work done, tidying my boyfriend's mess (haha!) having a long bath etc, run around the house singing music. It's taking me a while to make this happen but I'm trying. I know it's not that easy :weep: I dread time on my own but if I can do it, you can!

If you want anyone to talk to about this, I totally understand xx