PDA

View Full Version : Random dizzyness

Anxious_gal
23-10-08, 12:11
Ya I'm dizzy now for no reason.it comes outta no where, then I'll feel nauseous and feel like I need to poop. my vison goes a little fuzzy too.
aw my cat wants to go for a walk but it's raining and i HAVE to go therapy dizzyness and all , hope fully it will go away.
sorry if someone else posted this poll x x

gtrgrl3369
23-10-08, 14:14
I randomly get the same thing. I will be fine one minute and the next it feels like the floor is moving under my feet. I have learned not to let it scare me so it goes away fairly quick. I find mine comes on the most when I am tired and need to relax.

Ddcoo
23-10-08, 15:23
Mishel, I have had random dizziness for years too, it took me a long time not to panic over it, sometimes I can be watching the TV and it comes on so fast, but I then think "oh, there it goes again" and ignore it the best I can.A lot of the time I get the nausea and wanting to "poo" too, at one time I didn't know whether it was because I wanted the loo that I had a dizzy spell, or the other way round, but I'm pretty sure now that the dizziness comes first. Just try to accept it and not worry about it, I can't promise it will go away completely but you won't put so much score on it. Hope this helps.:yesyes:

Hollytree
23-10-08, 16:23
Hi, yes i get this crazy dizziness,it mainly happens when i am stressed out, or going through a time of high anxiety, but I can also get it suddenly out of the blue. It's feels awful, like my head is gonna fall off, feels a bit like 'space walking' if anyone knows what that feels like! I have had myself tied up in knots thinking i've got a brain tumor! which my doctor has told me I have NOT got!! I must have seen him 20 times in the last few months!! just for him to tell me that its all related to anxiety. When I relax it all makes sense what he has told me, the dizziness goes away and I understand more that its a side effect from anxiety.

Blackstar
23-10-08, 16:24
Oh, so glad I found this thread!

Dizziness is one of the things that triggers my anxiety most. I get it randomly on a regular basis - today for example, it's bad; yesterday it wasn't there.

I just feel so relieved that it's not just me! Also that it's not going to kill me:unsure:

A. x

pinkpiglet
23-10-08, 23:01
I get random dizziness and i have done for years and years. Huff!
It is something that i have just had to learn to live with as i don't think it will ever go away.
I get when i am tired, and when i'm not!
I get it when i feel anxious and when i'm not!
I get it when i am stressed and even when i am relaxed.
I wake up with it, go to bed with it and I'm sure i'm dizzy in my dreams too.

I hate the dizziness and the off-balance feelings but I have learnt to live with it. I can ignore it pretty successfully now but sometimes it is so bad that i can't lift my head.

shoogashooga12
25-10-08, 20:31
Yeah..i get that..
It's a kinda bobbin up & dwn feelin nt so much spinning and it just comes randomly and lasts ages..i know it's anxiety related but i did cry once cos i thought 'wtf, is there somethin wrong wth me?' :unsure:

Cherbear
25-10-08, 23:10
I know exactly how you feel. The past few weeks I have had a constant dizziness/lightheaded feeling and it's horrible. It means I can't concentrate on much and I have a pile of essays to do!

leeg
26-10-08, 07:15
i get it all the time an mostly when i dont feel anxious it comes out of the blue an makes me anxious xx

djvtech
27-10-08, 07:26
I've been getting it recently. Sometimes things look wavy during it to like if I'm reading, the other side of the page will start to get slightly wavy. I think I'm just overtired.

berkshiregirl
27-10-08, 18:09
i get this so much have been dizzy all day driving me mad, i was startiong to get anxious then i came on here was grateful to see this thread, is a horrible thing, no wonder we panic

Boozy22
29-10-08, 11:08
Hi,

I'm struggling with this dizzy/unsteadiness. Had a spell a few weeks ago and it's now come back again; doctor assures me it is anxiety and I'm fairly confident it is as I've had scans (for headaches, etc) which are all clear. However, it doesn't make things easier and tends to make me more anxious, particularly when I'm out and a little agorphobic because of it.....or is that the cause?!!
I'd be interested to know if anyone has any good advice on how the cope with the dizziness, as I feel it's the main think holding me back at the moment

Boozy22:unsure:

tbourner
30-10-08, 18:52
I'm going through the blood pressure/heart checks at the moment, seems the doc was happy when I said I don't get blurred vision or whooshing sounds so went straight to the blood stuff.
I'm pretty sure it's stress related though. The randomness is odd cos there's no trigger for it. Quite scary.

Only times I can pinpoint it always happening is a weekly meeting at work, and when queueing up in Asda (usually go to Tesco cos the queues are shorter! :D ). Otherwise it can be any time.

Gotta wait 3 weeks for my EchoCardioGram now, see if my valves are bust. Then a 24hr BP monitor. Who knows what they'll want to check after that!!

debera
31-12-08, 14:28
yes i get this on and off too. some days are better than others. i dont have to feel anxious or have panic also to get it. the best thing to do is ignore it and it goes away quickly. i found when i panicked about it it stayed all day. its hard not too. but just another anxiety symptom that is quite common. hope this helps
love debera
:hugs: :hugs:

jobear
31-12-08, 16:01
aye i get that to, spes when i stand up sundenly sometimes i get dizzy and light headed and my vision goes a bit fuzzy!
Jo x

SilverFern
31-12-08, 16:24
I always keep a bottle of Rescue Remedy in my bag, which I find very useful!!

armanoo
06-01-09, 20:38
yeah i get dizzy so often but sometimes i dont feel it:wacko: .. and it's really awful i hate it coz it always make me anxious

Dominic1975
06-01-09, 23:58
I dont know if what I would get I would call dizzy..... but I can be fine with no anxiety and the all of sudden, its as my body bolts or maybe eyes shudder... If im standing I feel like I could loose my balance and it only happens for a split second.... This can make me get anxious, cos I think 'Oh no, not a panic attack'

Generally I have learnt to ignore it and think to myself... oh its that again!!!

syers38
07-01-09, 11:21
:lac: My husband is coming home from hospital today he has had trouble with his bowels, he has been ill for a long time now, they have finally found out his problem. His only worry now is being dizzy 24/7 the doctors are just not interested. I have had panic attacks for years and to me his symtoms are that of anxiety as we all know this can make you feel like you are dying. I have read all threads on here and this has made me more convinced that his worry is causing the dizzy spells. He was a 100 % fit and healthy man now the dizzy spells are making him an emotional wreck. When he gets home today i have told him is is to read all these letters and maybe if he reads all the letters he will realise that he is not on his own and can put the dizzyness down to panic. has anyone any advise x

Missy69
07-01-09, 17:29
Hiya,

Does your husband suffer from anxiety, or are you thinking this could be his first symptom of it ?

i think its a great idea for him to read these posts as they can only help to reassure him.

Let us know how you both get on and good luck

Gemma T
19-03-09, 20:20
I get the random dizzies as well. Kind of like im light headed and my vision go blurry. The worst thing is that today it happened when i was driving. I had to go a poo. That was a couple of hours ago and i still feel a bit sick and not my self x x x

mirry
16-04-09, 08:20
Hi everyone ,
I have to reply to this thread because I beleive alot of people are suffering from MAV and dont know it.

"Migraine Associated Vertigo".

The sufferer may or may not have a headache.

If you do not get the headache they are called silent migraine.

The sufferer can get extream dizziness.

stress is a trigger along with lots of other things ........
sleep/food/weather.

Your gp should refer you to a Balance doctor in ENT , who will check your ears with a ENG test. The results may show actual damage to your inner ears caused by migraine or other conditions.

Please do get tested , its the best thing Ive ever done , I am now on medication for MAV and it calmed my dizziness right
down which has helped my anxiety.

Here are some usefull links .....

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/884136-overview

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/884136-overview

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/print/sec06/ch080/ch080b.html

skyblue
16-04-09, 22:16
oh thats mee

sometimes i feel like im on board a ship,where that comes from who knows,then thats it for the day cant go out case i make a twot of myself and i fall over..
is it anx or have i got an incurable disease ha ha...

skyxx

june
17-04-09, 14:27
:ohmy: :ohmy: I also suffer from giddiness:weep:
Sometimes it feels
- a bit light headed
- like i am dropping down a black hole (terrifying Hubby has to hold me for
that one)
- like i just got off a roundabout (weak legs nauseous)
- like insects crawling in my brain (UGH)
- like the floor is made of a soft foam or i am on a boat.......Queasy
or just paain giddy.
Makes me sooo fed up :weep:
june

becky000
27-05-09, 04:25
Ya I'm dizzy now for no reason.it comes outta no where, then I'll feel nauseous and feel like I need to poop. my vison goes a little fuzzy too.
aw my cat wants to go for a walk but it's raining and i HAVE to go therapy dizzyness and all , hope fully it will go away.
sorry if someone else posted this poll x x
That's exactly how I feel. I have had anxiety for 17 years now and really thought i'd got on top of it. All of a sudden I've started with these dizzy spells, the nausea, toilet trips and then comes the anxiety because I'm worried about what's causing it. Where does it come from? Does anyone have any idea what causes this? I'd like to hear a medical explanation for reassurance.

Deepest Blue
28-05-09, 22:42
I am feeling quite light headed and dizzy tonight, when this happens it affects my eyes as well. I would also like to know why this happens as it's really uncomfortable.

theforester
29-05-09, 03:59
I'm in this boat as well. I have a ton of symptoms, but the one that I've had the longest is the dizziness. I could describe it, but everyone has already described it quite well. Mine has been with me 24/7 since around January of 2005 but the severity of it changes randomly. I have refered to it as RANDOM RANDOMNESS because even when I've thought I'd figured out a pattern the pattern would change! It's very frustrating and can be quite debilitating. It makes me want to lay down all the time! :wacko:

One of the 20+ doctors that I've seen thought that mine could be Migraine Associated Vertigo as well. I tried two different drugs for it (Topomax and Verapamil) but never felt any change in the dizziness so I went on to another doctor and never thought about MAV again. I do know someone that has been helped by this type of treatment though, so I don't doubt that "silent" migraines are a possibility.

Good luck all, I hope we can all find relief soon :D

becky000
29-05-09, 05:55
During one of my episodes of dizziness - which seem to last for several weeks - I consulted a doctor wh called it vertigo and blamed it on hormonal imbalance. I am going through it again now. I went to a different doctor this time who gave me a full physical and could find nothing wrong. She says it's stress and caused by all the adrenaline my body has been flooded with during the recent months of extreme anxiety.
I hate this feeling! Yesterday, after getting the all clear from the doctor I felt absolutely fine for a full day and thought it must be gone, but today it's back again. It's so scary and even though I've got the all clear from the doctor I still worry about it.
Since there's so many people suffering from it who also suffer from anxiety it seems pretty obvious what causes it.
Reading all these posts certainly helps me. I tell myself I can't have a brain tumour if all these ther people have the same symptoms as me.

Annabelle
27-06-09, 11:23
I also have the dizzys! they are also one of the most debilitating of my symptoms as it just makes me want to crl up - and it makes my eyes go fuzzy. The dr thought it could either be anxiety or silent migraines but she (didnt suggest any meds for it) - although i think it both - sometimes i know its cos im really anxious but otherwise it might come from nowhere or when im over tired or if the lights are oo bright or something - if anyone knows of any coping techniques i would love to here them!

bencooper1977
16-07-09, 20:13
I had a major burst of dizziness today, felt like i fell out of my body!! After that it fely like i was walking on a water mattress. Totally freaked me out.

Liverbird67
17-07-09, 20:50
I get this sort of very light headed feeling like I am going to pass out, I never have done but it is very scary I am really grateful that other people get this and have had it for years it really throws me, I had it today in the middle of an interview and then could hardly get my words out, I don't think they noticed though.

Debbie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tasia
19-07-09, 22:15
yep i get it nearly all the time...and have learned to live with it..some days are worse than others especially if i have an anxious day it sometimes is really bad. at the moment im having trouble of looking down..life sucks but you have to get used to it..try not to worry. xx

alisone
20-07-09, 00:20
I am going through episode of dizziness at the moment. Have called doc out twice in a week cos i feel likei am going over sideways. Both docs said it was panic/anxiety and said to try and carry on as normal(whatever that is!). Have been on anti-depressants for many years and feel like they are not working. Does anyone else get the going over to one side dizziness and if so how is it overcome.:huh:

tasia
22-07-09, 20:57
hi alisone..
yes ive had that one morning when i got up from bed it was so bad i was crashing into the walls...so very scary. my doc gave me tablets and put it down to vertigo and the dizzyness did after a month go away...unfortunately it didnt stay away as i have it again nearly a year later..but not as bad thanks to god..if it does get really bad i will go back down and get these tablets to take again...i do not want to go through that again.... if thats what you have my heart goes out to you...hope you feel better soon and try to do some relaxation techniques and buy some bach herbal remedies these are all great for anxiety and totally natural..good luck.

becky000
17-08-09, 19:11
Yes, when I'm really anxious I feel completely off balance and sometimes when I'm sitting down objects in front of my eyes looke like they're moving and swaying. I know it's just anxiety and I've found if I get someone to talk to me and take my mind off my anxiety I start to feel better and the dizziness leaves.

Panic33
18-08-09, 00:21
I do feel dizziness in and in between panic attacks. I went to the doc last year before I realised I was having panic attacks thinking i had vertigo - he informed me i was having panic attacks.

Mamfa85
26-08-09, 00:14
mine is the same, i dont feel anxious,dizziness comes and im anxious

nineteen
26-08-09, 15:18
i have it now an again too, it is wat makes me anxious sumtyms n then it all just gets worse from then on...blurry vision and i even need to sit down becoz my legs go weak, its realli weird and sometimes i just cant believe that its all down to anxiety, the symptoms r so real.

KAREN L
02-09-09, 10:13
I am really suffering with this dizziness, it scares me so much. I always think i'm going to pass out.
Has anyone got any tips on how to deal with this, i'm at my wits end - HELP!!

ann01
02-09-09, 13:13
i am nearly always lightheaded, feels like im drunk when walking or on a boat. today i am quite bad where i'm so lightheaded i cant walk around very well. this is my worst anxiety symptom.

becky000
02-09-09, 14:09
I am really suffering with this dizziness, it scares me so much. I always think i'm going to pass out.
Has anyone got any tips on how to deal with this, i'm at my wits end - HELP!!
I think the main thing is that you need reassurance that the dizziness is caused by anxiety and nothing more serious than that.
I found that after I had been for a check up with the doctor and was told that I was healthy and that the dizziness was due to stress and anxiety, I calmed down and after a week or so the dizziness left completely.
It still comes back when I'm anxious but at least now I know what it is and this helps me enormously. I don't panic about it anymore. I think the panic made it much worse.
Try to do something that helps you relax - we all have our own techniques and mine is exercise and also talking to other people (not about your symptoms!) about anything that takes your mind of yourself.
Hope this helps.

KAREN L
12-09-09, 11:10
Thanks becky000 your post makes great sense and i will try to put it in practice.

serendipity
12-09-09, 14:34
Since having my baby ive suffered with dizzyness (funny head) on and off. The panic attacks soon followed and after being on citalopram for four months it started to disappear. Now i,m off citalopram (3weeks) the funny head feeling has returned. Its awful and very frightening and I can feel panic setting in when I get a sudden rush of unsteadiness.

Does everybody think its something serious until they have learnt to deal with it and accept its anxiety???

I feel as though its driving me mad. ALso not sure whether its still a side effect of coming off the citalopram??

Yesterday I had shooting pains in my head and today I have a headache thats like a tight band around my forhead and top of my nose and eyes..

I hate feeling like this!!

zoe121
25-10-10, 15:30
i know how you feel once i start to go dizzy i think oh my god i am going to faint then the panic sets in ...but over the last week or so i have just tried to deal with it and figers crossed because i have been busy i have been okay,:yesyes:

flutterby
12-11-10, 21:04
I'm so glad i found this thread, really sorry if this is a long post. I have dizzy spells and have had them on and off for a few months (feeling it now) i have been to the doctor a few times about it i've been told it was labrynthitus and i went a few days ago and came out worse and also felt angry, he checked for vertigo (which it isn't) but didn't check my ears or blood pressure, he said it was because of my mood and feeling low. he told me to go out more (hard to do when you feel dizzy)
it can appear at anytime i haven't been able to put a pattern to it (thought i'd found a pattern because it seemed to be before the 'time of the month' but the pattern has changed) i thought maybe it was the meds (i've been on citalopram 20g for about a year and the spells developed more frequently over the last few months)
i am now feeling that i can't cope with it anymore and i just want to stay in bed and sleep.
would love to hear a medical explanation for it as i think knowing why would put my mind at rest
does anyone know of anything i can do to make them subside. please feel free to pm me

becky000
13-11-10, 06:46
I'm so glad i found this thread, really sorry if this is a long post. I have dizzy spells and have had them on and off for a few months (feeling it now) i have been to the doctor a few times about it i've been told it was labrynthitus and i went a few days ago and came out worse and also felt angry, he checked for vertigo (which it isn't) but didn't check my ears or blood pressure, he said it was because of my mood and feeling low. he told me to go out more (hard to do when you feel dizzy)
it can appear at anytime i haven't been able to put a pattern to it (thought i'd found a pattern because it seemed to be before the 'time of the month' but the pattern has changed) i thought maybe it was the meds (i've been on citalopram 20g for about a year and the spells developed more frequently over the last few months)
i am now feeling that i can't cope with it anymore and i just want to stay in bed and sleep.
would love to hear a medical explanation for it as i think knowing why would put my mind at rest
does anyone know of anything i can do to make them subside. please feel free to pm me
I rermember that I used to have dizziness at my time of the month too, I never found out why and it went after a day or two but usually returned the following month. I don't think it was anything to worry about as it happened for years and when my monthlies disappeared so did that dizziness.
However, the dizziness I experience with my anxiety is obviously caused by something different. I've experienced it many times over the past 18 years and always when I have severe anxiety and stress.
I've been to the doctor so many times and no other reason has been found for it except maybe blood pressure. I was even put on pills for that but it didn't actually make any difference.
After all this time I've realised that it's nothing more serious than anxiety and if I look at it that way it seems to get less and eventually disappear.
I know how you feel - that you don't want to go out or do anything at all except escape into sleep to forget about it. I've tried that! What really works for me is to occupy myself completely with something that I enjoy. For me it's art. When I become so engrossed in what I'm creating or painting I completely forget about all these horrid anxiety symptoms and they just disappear! Hours later when I remember that I should be concerned about the dizziness, I realise that I've just spent the past 3 or 4 hours enjoying myself and there hasn't been any dizziness at all.

flutterby
13-11-10, 11:26
I rermember that I used to have dizziness at my time of the month too, I never found out why and it went after a day or two but usually returned the following month. I don't think it was anything to worry about as it happened for years and when my monthlies disappeared so did that dizziness.
However, the dizziness I experience with my anxiety is obviously caused by something different. I've experienced it many times over the past 18 years and always when I have severe anxiety and stress.
I've been to the doctor so many times and no other reason has been found for it except maybe blood pressure. I was even put on pills for that but it didn't actually make any difference.
After all this time I've realised that it's nothing more serious than anxiety and if I look at it that way it seems to get less and eventually disappear.
I know how you feel - that you don't want to go out or do anything at all except escape into sleep to forget about it. I've tried that! What really works for me is to occupy myself completely with something that I enjoy. For me it's art. When I become so engrossed in what I'm creating or painting I completely forget about all these horrid anxiety symptoms and they just disappear! Hours later when I remember that I should be concerned about the dizziness, I realise that I've just spent the past 3 or 4 hours enjoying myself and there hasn't been any dizziness at all.
Thank you so much, it really helps, i've gotta occupy myself with cleaning today although not something i will enjoy but gonna give it a go