PDA

View Full Version : Help me - going backwards again!

SamanthaAU
23-10-08, 12:14
Hi everyone,

I had bad HA a month or so ago and have had a really good few weeks. Now my legs have been twitching for the last week and I am paranoid something is wrong :ohmy:

I have also been waking up sometimes with pins and needles until I move whatever has gone to sleep and then it goes.

I have also had one enlarged lymph node on the side of my neck for the last few months. I did see my GP about it and she wasn't concerned and it has reduced in size but I am paranoid it is still there!

Please, tell me this is all normal!! I have started on Citrolapram/Lexapro 6 weeks ago and I thought it had made my anxiety disappear until now:scared15:

Cheers,
Sam

Ddcoo
23-10-08, 13:18
Sam, so sorry you have been stressing again, but all your symptoms sound like good old anxiety to me and I too wake up with pins and needles especially in my arms, but as you say, it goes away when you move and the circulation gets going. I am sure there is no need to worry about the lump on your neck, the fact that is getting smaller shows that its not anything serious and don't forget that a gland will take a fair time to go back to normal after an infection.

SamanthaAU
24-10-08, 10:57
Thanks very much for your reassuring reply!

ronski
24-10-08, 16:54
Hi Sam

Unfortunately setbacks are all part and parcel of the recovery process. It is how you deal with the setback that is important, acceptance is the key and a positive mental attitude that the way is still forward in you getting better. I know that sometimes it is easier said than done but looking for other reasons only enforses the health anxiety and so tension and more setbacks.

So any new sensations just accept them and try not to dwell on them. I to suffer from health anxiety and concentrating on heart issues really grinds me down so now I try and take no notice if I get chest pain or odd stomach sensations. Sometimes I fail but I try not to dwell on it to much.

I wish you the best in your recovery
Ron

SamanthaAU
25-10-08, 11:22
Cheers Ron!