PDA

View Full Version : Barium Swallow Results Back At Last ...

BNCfan
23-10-08, 14:27
My doctor rang yesterday to say my Barium Swallow results were back, revealing nothing more sinister than Acid Reflux. I thought I would be dancing on the ceiling to hear that, I was so certain the family cancer had at last caught up with me and I've been out of mind with worry for the last two months. But all I did was break down in tears - I hardly ever cry - and I've been feeling 'flat' and completely exhausted and tearful ever since. I'm trying to tell myself I've just burned myself out with the hours and hours of chronic free floating panic I've been enduring over the past two weeks - I've hardly been able to eat or sleep - and this is just the result of all that nasty adrenaline draining out of my body. Someone out there give me a proverbial kick up the *** and tell me how grateful I should be. I'm so ashamed of this mess I've become.

jojo2316
23-10-08, 15:02
That is SUCH good news! I'm so happy for you and hope you feel better soon....
xxx

Blackstar
23-10-08, 16:20
Hey there,

That is good news!

However I don't think a kick up the behind will help...we all know how unhelpful it is when someone says, 'pull yourself together'!

You have been through a tough time. You've been stressed, anxious, exhausted, uncertain - of course you're going to feel drained! It's a relief and an anticlimax all in one and your mind is so battered it probably doesn't know what to make of it.

Also, could it have something to do with wanting an answer and then some treatment for something definite, rather than something you have to just control and live with? Do you feel alone now because the doc can't help?

I'm going to say that you are allowed to feel the way you do. You need to accept it, look at it and say 'I acknowledge the way I feel. I don't need to prove anything to myself or anyone. There is no right or wrong way to feel'. Anyone on this forum would say the same - be kind to yourself! :hugs:

I hope that you do feel better soon, and that the positive result you've had here puts some part of your mind at rest :D

Hugs,

Anna. x

christos
21-03-11, 22:03
I had a barium meal years back, they never showed up anything. Still got the same problems 20 years on, ibs, stomach cramps, etc.