PDA

View Full Version : Dissassociated from your body feelings?

P. (M)
23-10-08, 20:49
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if people had experience with being or feeling disassociated from their body much. Unfortunately have been feeling this for the last few weeks. The worst part for me is that when bad it feels like my heart is no longer there or something so it feels very disconcerting and that I'm about to die/have a heart attack etc.

I know I have a lot of issues and that they're probably the reason etc. (my brother cheated with my girlfriend and didn't tell me for 10 yrs./only told me last year is probably the most Jerry Springer of them!). Since I found out about that I kinda went more and more hyper trying adventure sports/flying/gliding and generally getting myself scared (I'm not naturally adventurous at all) until eventually I had the same feeling of detatchement/heart removed but at least then if I stopped doing the activity it got better but these days I don't do anything like that but still suffer the panic a lot. I also worry sometimes that I've been messed over so much (by others and my brother) that I might die of heart break or something(!) (amazingly though this does really worry/disturb me!).

Have been to see my G.P. and also ended up in the emegency room once with severe panic. Then saw a phychiatrist and have been prescribed Risperidone which I take twice or sometimes once a day and that helps mellow me out a little etc. but I still always feel the terrible feeling that my heart has been pulled out and that I'm about to die(!) (I check my blood pressure a lot which is mostly normal and also have an ElectoCardioGram scheduled for tomorrow which hopefully (if it has a good result!) will make me feel better too.

Just wondering if anyone has similar feelings etc. and how they got though it/if they might have any tips from their experiences etc.

Many thanks for any help etc.,

Yours faithfully,

Pierre.

feels_like_home
23-10-08, 22:39
I had that feeling on the way home from work today. This week has been really busy and it finally hit me. I sometimes have it for days. It is a horrible feeling, but ignoring it is the best thing you can do. I know it is hard to ignore something that makes you feel terrible, but focusing on it just makes it worse. You are not alone.
Michelle

Peru83
24-10-08, 09:07
Here is a post that I did a couple of years ago, maybe reading it will help you :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4079

P. (M)
24-10-08, 17:36
Hi,

Just wanted to say many thanks for the words/links etc. Today I went to have an ElectroCardioGram and the nurse said I was normal (but have made an appointment to see my G.P. just to discuss it with him when he gets back from holiday). But then in the afternoon I wanted to go for a train ride just 5-6 stops to the countryside near here and I got really bad again. Got 1-2 stops down the line before I felt like my heart had totally dissappeared so got out and came back. I came home and took one of my anti-pychotic meds. to hopefully calm down more and will probably just go to sleep. More than anything though I'm finding it frustrating too because today is a beautiful evening and I could be spending it in the rolling fields drinking coffee as the evening scenery passes by but no I'm stuck at home again because when I go out I freak out(!)

Apologies for the rant(!)/many thanks etc.

P. (M)