PDA

View Full Version : don't read if squemish

janeybaby25
24-10-08, 04:45
hiya, im sorry to post at this time in morning but yesterday thought i was suffering from tummy bug. went to bed feeling ok-ish & then about 3 in morning, i woke myself up, I had 'gone' in the bed. I can't believe it, this has never happened to me before & I suffer from ibs. My tummy is so bad, I have been on loo pretty much none stop since & then when I got back to bed, same thing happened again. I have now come to sleep on couch as I am keeping my other half awake. I can't sleep in case it happens again. Please someone tell me this is a stomach bug and nothing more. I won't be able to go to docs tomorrow being like this & am already stressing a bit as running out of bog roll & I am on my own tomorrrow all day. My bloke could work from home & I have already asked him if he will but he said no. feel horrible. Its kind of like the time when I had a colonoscopy & I had to take the medicine to clear my bowels first, although not taken any medicine. feel quite lightheaded too.

help me pls. xxx

Trixie
24-10-08, 06:19
I sounds like you have a tummy bug. It is possible to have bowel problems and have a tummy bug.

I suffer from terrible diverticulits (a family complaint) I have had it fore years but I have had a tummy bug as well.

Drink plenty of water and lay of the food and if you still have it by Sat see the doctor.

Regarding the loo roll why don't you wash your bottom with a flannel or some sponge (washing them out afterwards ready for the next time).:shrug:

The Romans use to use a sponge on a stick.

diane07
24-10-08, 09:33
I had this last week hun,

and so did a few others, there is loads of tummy bugs going round, immodium doesn't even touch the surface, drink plenty of fluids but don't eat for 24 hours, mine lasted 3 days but i do know others on here had it for about a week.

best wishes

di xx

janeybaby25
24-10-08, 09:50
Hi thanks for all that replied. I went to docs yesterday about the pains & cramps I was getting & she said if they get worse then to take in a stool sample which my mum is going to do it today for me. The receptionist asked doc if i needed to come in & the doc said no as if they was owt wrong then it would show up on my sample. I have been on loo pretty much none stop since 3.30 & ahem... didn't make is 5 times. Feel pretty lousy, no sleep, drinking lots tho. Lets hope its a 48hr thing. xx

diane07
24-10-08, 10:03
Aww poor you,

theres nothing worse, lets hope you get on the mend real soon.

di xx

janeybaby25
24-10-08, 10:23
thanks Diane. xxx

thoughts and actions
24-10-08, 11:12
hey

you helped me via another thread this week huni so i am returning the favour!!

It defo sounds like a tummy bug- i also have ibs but this is not a symptom of IBS.

Drink plenty of fluids- sit on an old towel incase and if you can get someone to go to the shop for u Tena lady (the large large ones ) will act as a pad and soak anything up.

I had to wear one when i had the colonscopy as i was still going the morning of the op!!

xx

janeybaby25
24-10-08, 11:21
thank you thoughts. I am already wearing the pads etc as just in case. I know this isn't my ibs like you say, so I am guessing its just a tummy bug.

managed to keep down 2 slices of toast this morning so I am hoping its not going to last much longer! take care. xxxxxxxx

countrygirl
24-10-08, 16:53
Back in april this year my husband and I caught the norovirus after I had had my appendix out in a hospital that was almost shut down because of it!

It was the worst illness I have had as it also had bad flu like symptoms as well.

I know all about your problem of getting to the loo - it was like someone turning on a tap and I had about 4 seconds to get there. I ended up sitting in a chair very near the bathroom. That lasted 2 days with me non stop and then another couple of days of yellow toothpaste!! Plus had a temp and very faint if I stood up. As my husband was also the same we knew it was bug. Bet your other half comes down with it in a few days!!

Drink and if you can eat toast.

I wouldn't wish this bug on myworst enemy so you have my sympathy

janeybaby25
24-10-08, 17:01
aw thanks countrygirl. I might try the chair nr the loo thing. I do hope it finishes soon. I thought the norovirus is where you can't stop puking tho? I haven't been sick. xxx