PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder ache- lung cancer? Feel so low

jojo2316
24-10-08, 09:42
God how I wish I could get over this thing! Now I have an intermitant ache in my left shoulder. It comes and goes and sometimes it's down my arm. I am in such a state about it, thinking it's lung cancer, even though I don't smoke and am only 30. I also know that the shoulder pain started AFTER I began worrying about lung cancer.......... Am i being mad? I just feel so low, and whenever I feel a twinge in that shoulder I just feel this wave of dread and panic engulf me.......
Is this shoulder pain likely to be anxiety? I just can't see what is up and what is down at the moment....
xx

diane07
24-10-08, 10:10
Do you think you could be sleeping on it funny, what makes you think that it could be lung cancer.

di xx

tashbarnes87
24-10-08, 10:12
Hi JoJo, sorry to hear things are bad for you again. You know we have very similar symptoms and today i have such a painful throat. Its not a sore throat its more muscle and i am trying not to scare myself and think the worst. Im sure you dont have Lung cancer hun, the main symptom of lung cancer is a cough ( and a pretty bad one at that) from what i have read ( obsessive googling) that muscle pain from lung cancer is very rare and even rarer in your age group dont forget that 80% of people are over 50. I know this might not make you feel much better but you will get through this, please pm anytime

xx

xx

jojo2316
24-10-08, 10:24
Thanks tash, just knowing you are out there suffering similar worries helps so much!
Di -I know it isn't very likely to be lung cancer - but I googled and scared myself! I read that sometimes, if the tumour is right on the top of the lung, it doesn't cause a cough but just shoulder pain....... But it did say the pain is usually constant and severe and mine is (at the moment!) only mild and intermitent. I just can't seem to be rational about it though!
xx

tashbarnes87
24-10-08, 17:26
Hi JoJo, out of interest are you on any medication?

x

kellie
24-10-08, 17:32
Ive never never heard of shoulder pain or aches being anything to do with Lung cancer hun.
But its very commen when you are anx/stressed/panicky.
Its all down to muscle tension, and breathing right and relaxing more will help with this. I understand how not worrying when you have H/A is not easy but try to relax. I doubt very much it has anything to do with lung cancer.
I hope you feel better soon.

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

jojo2316
24-10-08, 17:44
Hi Tash - no not on meds..... still breastfeeding my son. Might come to that though! xx

tashbarnes87
24-10-08, 17:48
I think i will breastfeed my Son too so i cant take any meds but if i feel as bad as i have i will consider going on meds after 3 months. I feel like it dominates my life.

x

jojo2316
24-10-08, 17:51
I know. It is just so depressing isn't it. I wish I could just get a normal person's perspective on things....... But knowing you are being irrational really doesn't help, does it?!
xx

Trixie
24-10-08, 17:55
God how I wish I could get over this thing! Now I have an intermitant ache in my left shoulder. It comes and goes and sometimes it's down my arm. I am in such a state about it, thinking it's lung cancer, even though I don't smoke and am only 30. I also know that the shoulder pain started AFTER I began worrying about lung cancer.......... Am i being mad? I just feel so low, and whenever I feel a twinge in that shoulder I just feel this wave of dread and panic engulf me.......
Is this shoulder pain likely to be anxiety? I just can't see what is up and what is down at the moment....
xx

And what site did you find that on?:)

Are you in a job that involves repetitive movements?

I suffer from frozen shoulders (from nursing). I have had many steroid injections in them also physio. In the end I had to go to theatre. They are still not right (even as I type my right shoulder is aching).

If you are in a job that involves repetative movment you could have the same complaint.:flowers:

jasper
24-10-08, 18:05
Hi there

Forgot to say in my pm that I have been getting weird pains in my arms and shoulders. My shoulders, neck and head are just soooo tense - when I can get them to relax it is so much better. Have you tried heat to get relief? I have this beanbag thing that you heat in the microwave (has lavender in it).

It is so so frustrating all this HA, keep talking, keep posting and absolutely no 'googling'. Try and let those rational thoughts in.

Best wishes

R x

jojo2316
24-10-08, 19:48
Thanks everyone for replying...... It helps so, so much to be able to write these anxieties down and have people read them who understand where I'm coming from but at the same time are able to say, 'that does sound a bit nuts...'
Thank you!
xx