PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thank you

anna66
24-10-08, 11:31
Hello, I am a 42 year old Female, living in Lincolnshire. I have suffered since the end of July with what I can only describe as the weirdest and most frightening symptoms I have ever had in my life.
I had a really bad bout of flu, followed by chest pains and faintness. A trip to A+E resulted in a diagnosis of Post viral fatigue (I now know I was having a panic attack, chest pains, dizziness, hyperventilation etc)
A week later a trip to the doctor (again with a Panic attack) I was told I had Gall bladder problems.
Another trip to the docs, I was given Diazepam to calm me down (first sign of a proper diagnosis as Hyperventilation was mentioned) and told to return if I didnt feel any better in a week or two.
Ten days later I am back at the docs (different one) with extreme dizziness, bad stomach pains, chest pains, shaking, nausea, fear of fainting, etc etc. I was given citalopram, but after reading the lealet inside decided not to take it, as my stomach was giving me real cause for concern.
I couldn't eat, had a home visit from another doctor who started my road to recovery by addressing the stomach issue and giving me a course of Omeprazole. At last I was able to start eating again!
I was still suffering very badly from a variety of symptoms and went back to the doctor another ten days later. This time I was offered therapy, which I readily accepted.
I had also developed an extreme fear of being left on my own and after another big panic attack, decided to go to my mums. After two days, I had two massive panic attacks and started to violently shake, this lasted 24 hours until a prescription from the doc for Diazepam calmed me down. At this point I had had enough as I felt the reason for my anxiety was due to the Doctors not addressing my concerns or telling me what was wrong with me. I begged my fella to take two weeks off work to break the cycle.
I am now at the end of the two weeks and have made some progress with his help, finding this website, a little determination and inner strength. I went back to the doctor who sorted my stomach problem out and asked him for another check up to put my mind at rest. Monday I am having a blood test and an ECG. I must say that finding the right doctor is important and this chap is brilliant, he listened and informed me, and put my mind at rest.
I still have weird days, up one minute and down the next but I am trying to replace the negatives with positives
So, on a positive note..
I have a Tai Chi DVd
Yoga DVD
Jigsaws galore
NOMOREPANIC website and 22 pages of printed info for my reference in the bad times
An understanding Doctor
Counselling to start next week

I cant thank this website enough for giving me the information I needed to recognise and start to come to terms with what I have. I am also lucky to have a fantastic fella who has been there for me at every opportunity.

Peru83
24-10-08, 12:56
Hi, welcome to NMP. Glad the GP eventually got to the problem. Anxiety is such a fickle thing as the symptoms cover a wide variety of different things, it does make it hard to diagnose properly. I call it the 'medical round about' cuz you feel like your being swung around in one great big circle till one of them actually gets it right!

milly jones
24-10-08, 12:59
welcome to nmp hunny

love from milly xxxx

weeble40
24-10-08, 16:06
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
24-10-08, 22:03
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x