PDA

View Full Version : HIV

Vinny
24-10-08, 12:18
Hi Everyone
I've just done a silly thing and I'm now letting my HA get the better of me :weep: I've just put a bandage on a guys arm and when I was putting the safety pin through I managed to prick him with it, I then managed to prick my thumb and although it didn't bleed I have broken the top layer of skin. I'm know it's silly but I could feel the panic wash over me as I did it and I'm worried I've caught HIV!! I just want someone to reassure me please. I'm sorry to be a nuisance but I'm really worried :weep: .

agent orange
24-10-08, 12:25
please don't take this badly, but it is very difficult to get H.I.V from pricking your thumb, especially if the pin has not been near anyone who has the disease.H.I.V is very difficult to pick up and it is a very lazy and weak virus.
please do not worry. The only time you should worry is if someone with the virus has been pricking themselves with it and there is contaminated blood on the pin, otherwise do not worry.

Vinny
24-10-08, 13:12
Thank you for your reply. The trouble is I pricked him with the pin first!! I don't know if I made him bleed cos I was putting a bandage on his sprained arm so the pin travelled through the bandage after pricking him and then I pricked myself with it. I haven't drawn blood from myself but I have definately broken the skin on my thumb.
I feel so worried and I would be so grateful for some resssurance please.

diane07
24-10-08, 13:16
Vinny.

You'll be absolutely fine hun.
If you didn't bleed then your okay, whether you broke the skin or not.
Please don't worry.

Janieb
24-10-08, 14:41
I would think u were fine, plus the person might possibly not have HIV!