PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Only - :)

tashbarnes87
24-10-08, 12:58
:) Ok slightly embarrising question but a few of you may have seen i have been freaking out about having an STD ( even though im not sure its possible as i have been with my partner for a year and a half. Ok seeing as im pregnant i know that Thrush could be a possibilty, seeing as i have never had it im not sure. I am trying to rationalise my fears at the moment. What are the symptoms?

x Thanks guys xx

Cathy V
24-10-08, 13:04
Hi Tash, well my experience of thrush is that its very itchy, mostly around the vagina/vulva. Usually there is also a thick white or yellowish discharge, bit like cream cheese, sorry! and if left untreated it can make that area red and sore. But its not dangerous and very common specially in pregnancy when there can be an imblance of the good bacteria inside your vagina. And very easily treated. Men can get it too by the way.

Hope this helps
Cathy xxx :)

JennyGregory5
24-10-08, 13:07
Hi there, the main symptoms of thursh are itching, soreness and irritation both internally and externally you can also have some discharge and you may experience pain when having sex or going to pee. However, in extreme cases you may also experience some swelling, cracked skin or sores in the surrounding area.
Hope this helps (sourced from NHS Direct)
Jen x

tashbarnes87
24-10-08, 13:12
Heya, phew thanks guys sounds like that. Its sore / itchy and red and no obvious sores or anything. I am just very aware of it lol. I will pop in to boots after work and see if i can get anything. Typical with HA automatically think its herpes or something grrr

Cathy V
24-10-08, 13:17
No probs tash, pregnancy can be both a joy and a worry. yes pop into boots and if you dont see anything obvious the ladies there will help you. fortunately its been ages since ive had it so they prob have different tratments now, but i seem to remember Canistan cream was sometimes recomended for it. And dipping a tampax in some live natural youghurt was very soothing, if a bit messy...I kid you not! Hope it clears up soon xxx

Janieb
24-10-08, 14:36
Tash,

They should be testing you for a few things later on in the pregnancy anyway. But I wouldn't worry about having any bad your body is gona change.

Take care,