PDA

View Full Version : The monster inside me

LisaD
07-06-05, 15:28
Hi everyone,

SO I am on the road to recovery...have felt well for a while now. Don't feel the physical effects on anxiety very often, have conquered most of the "thoughts", and am basically just getting out and enjoying life.

But I have a secret...I feel like there is a monster deep inside me. Of course it is the anxiety monster, and I am so worried that he will want to come out and play again. Right now I am tryng to imagine it squished up into a little ball, and completely trapped inside me...but what if that changes? I know that this sounds really silly, but its my reality at the moment, any input????

xxxLisa

bluebottle
07-06-05, 16:10
The moon could fall on us at any minute. The sea could turn to chocolate. I could win the lottery. All very unlikely.

Don't worry about things that haven't happened, enjoy what is.

--
Blue
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

seh1980
07-06-05, 17:29
hi Lisa,

I love your imagery :)

You have now learnt how to deal with this monster and you know so much more now than you did when he first arrived. No one can take this knowledge away from you and even if he did decide to come out and play one day, you will be more than ready for him!!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Jenny
07-06-05, 20:28
Hi Lisa,
It is great to hear you are feeling well, don't knock it, enjoy it.!!!
When my monster rears its ugly head instead of rolling it up into a ball and keeping it inside, I like to meet it face to face. I imagine mine as a balloon with an ugly face on it ( an old boss I never got on with) and basically tell it to go take a running jump I am not listening, and stick with a pin. Thats got rid of him.

Best wishes
Jen xx

J. Farmer

florence
07-06-05, 20:45
Hi LisaD

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery...Nobody can predict whats gonna happen unless you're an excellent medium! ;)

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">and am basically just getting out and enjoying life.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

That's great , just stay focused on enjoying this while you can , don't worry about the "monster"...By keeping being positive I am sure you 're well equipped against it. :)
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**