PDA

View Full Version : doing my head in

goth
25-10-08, 13:31
hi everyone can anyone explain what an adrenilin rush feels like and how long it lasts im sitting hear feeling yery anxious and jittery as if theres something rushing round my body it feels like my hearts beating to fast but when i feel my pulse its not really beating that fast very scary thanks lin x

feels_like_home
06-11-08, 18:01
I have had that feeling. It is very hard to describe. Sometimes it can last minutes or sometimes hours. Hope you are feeling better.
Michelle

nicros
06-11-08, 20:28
Hi I suffer from these anxiety/panic attacks too. They usually only last up to an hour but when they wear off I feel absolutely exhausted and could sleep for ages. They come on so fast. I have recently had CBT counselling and have been told about how I will not actually be sick or faint or have a heart attack and that my body is just in its 'ready to fight mode' so now I know that I am not going to die from it, I calm down and feel more in control which is the key to dealing with it. I also try and avoid triggers such as being over tired, hungry or too hot, hope this helps, Nicola

eternally optimistic
06-11-08, 22:46
I've had that jittery thing with my body.

It has been nothing unusual for me to be a complete wreck, in my mind, as if Im about to the hardest challenge ever in my life that I cant face.

Ive never managed to put it down to a particular situation that makes me like it but I think the hormones have something to do with it.

I really dont like it when it happens, it is like a nervousness running through every possible part of me. Horrible.