PDA

View Full Version : Stomach issue's

Yorkibloke
25-10-08, 15:50
Hi all, im new here so thought id tell you about my problems and see if anyone else suffers from the same symptoms.

It always begins when i wake up, im generally ok for the 1st 5 minutes then i get the a major feeling of nausea, i tend to goto the toilet then i feel the urent need to be sick, majority of the time its just a little bile or water. Once this is done i feel a little better so off i goto work.

Usually then for the rest of the day i feel as if my stomach is empty or the nasuea feeling returns. Sometimes a trip to the toilet helps or more being sick,which is usually water again.

I first had these probelms 3 years ago when i was unemployed for 2 years. It began after 18 months of being out of work and after a week of it i visited the doctor, he said it was stress related and gave me some omeprazole (acid reducing pills for the stomach). It lasted for 3 months, i had many trips to the doctors and blood tests, also i had the endoscopy. They said everything looked fine apart from some swelling around the opening to the stomach from the windpipe. Then as if like a miracle i strated my new job and within 2 days i was back to full health.

Anyway, it came back 4 weeks ago out of the blue, this time i put it down to stress as work was a little hectic. Im now back to work on monday after 2 weeks off on holiday, it had all settled down the week before i was due to be off and then last thursday i woke up and its back.

The doctor suggests its acid reflux, so in the mornings the acid flows back to my stomach and makes me feel ill since its been in my windpipe while i slept. I can be sick, and feel sick for most of the day and it really puts me off eating but when i do eat there is alot of relief. Strangely smoking makes me feel somewhat better although this is something iam working towards stopping. Drinking tea also helps, but overall its something i can handle and its like a daily routine, wake, loo, sick, work........ Im still taking my omeprazole and will return to the doctor in a few days if its still occuring. I just wanted to write it here as i know theres lots of home remedies or even for people to tell me of their experience.

Oh one morning when i was sick, there was blood there, so i went to the doctor the same day, he doubled my prescription and told me not to worry as it was more likely from the strain i had caused on my body from being sick daily.

charlish74
25-10-08, 16:42
hi and welcome i find pepermint tea really helps calm the stomach down also ask your doctor for anti sickness pills they stop you from feeling sick i was on a tablet simular to you for a suspected stomach ulcer but try the tea with a little sugar and drink it warm then try the anti sickness pills x

titch
25-10-08, 16:53
hey hun :welcome: to nmp..i too have stomach issues but not like yours..i just generally feel sick all the time and im always hungry..my stomach is always of.you say eating is a relief try eating little and often huni just something light if you dont feel upto eating..xx

rb1978
26-10-08, 12:49
The stomach can be, I'm sure you know, such a focal point for stress so I really am sure it is connected to this. I have a job where certain times of year are hell for stress. There is a particular 8 week period over summer which is terrible. For the entire duration of this 8 weeks (plus the week beforehand) I felt sick, and on occasion actually was physically sick. One day I did actually have to be off work I was so bad. I convinced myself if was stress even though a nagging doubt told me it might be something serious. In the end, I got through this 8-9 week period and had my week off. I'd booked to go away and didn't want to go because I felt ill. But didn't want to lose the money and went...by the time I got home again the upset stomach and nausea had gone.

Hasn't returned since.

Someone else mentioned peppermint. I find peppermint tablets help - there's a brand called Colpermin that you can buy over the counter. My doctor once put me on these for IBS. I think they're better than some of the stronger tablets you can be prescribed for this condition. You have to build em up over a week or so to get the effect but I know a few people who use em.

janeybaby25
26-10-08, 15:30
you can get peppermind tabs from holland & barrett, I used to take these for my ibs. also, do you take anything like gaviscon or rennies?