PDA

View Full Version : Is itchy skin and rashes common with anxiety?

kenboon
25-10-08, 19:32
Hi
For the last few days i'v been getting really itchy skin and rashes around my neck area and chest. Is this a common symptom? I'v ad a bad couple of days with my anxiety at work, but stuck with it. But felt very good earlier in the week, to be honest i thought i had completely conquered it. Its very frustrating that every now and then i still get very anxious for little or no reason.

Thanks

Ken

minihaha
26-10-08, 01:55
hi,not sure if its a common sympton but just wanted to post to say that i have the same. during the summer i had really bad rash on my neck and no amount of steroid cream or antihestamines shifted it. I suffered as a child with very very mild excema and have had a reccurence of this lately. I tend to think its related to my stress levels.

Veronica H
26-10-08, 07:35
:yesyes: Glad you are doing well with the job Ken. As for the rash, it is probably the stress. My GP says that because we are stressed our immune systems take a dip and we become prone to such things. I get small breakouts of excema on my fingers which the Doc says are almost certainly stress related. I would see the GP if it keeps bothering you though as there as there are effective creams that will clear it up quickly.

Veronica

leeg
26-10-08, 07:39
i get itchy round my neck an my jawline always thought it was hives?? a nervous thing?

reachersgal
26-10-08, 11:58
Hi,

I get an itchy 'hive' type rash on my chest which usually flairs up if I am facing something particularly scary. It came up recentlt before I really 'felt' anxious.

smiths
26-10-08, 15:01
hi ken
my reply isnt to do with the rash sorry
but similar to you i thought i have conquered the anx and p/a but then get symptons for little or sumtimes no reason thought this was just me ????
i was thinking how can i have symptons im not stressed at all

vti2007
26-10-08, 19:13
Hi Ken,

Yeah - I get terribly itchy when my anx is bad. Evrywhere really but worse on my legs for some reason.

As for the anx and work - it happens to me as well mate. Keeps popping back for a little go!! Just keep pushing on mate :yesyes:

kenboon
26-10-08, 19:18
Thanks for the replies :)

I'v not had this symptom before but it bloomin anoying, i think i may see the dr about it, but the mrs has said there is a weird virus going around at her work at the mo that comes out in a simular way. At times its so hard to know if it is anxiety related or some kind of virus ect.

Cheers Veronica :) I'm not doing to bad at work at the moment, but every now and then i do have a couple of bad hours where the intensity of anxiety is high, but i stick with it, although it is hard.

Hi smiths :) I'v found you will still get symptoms of anxiety, although not as severe over time. I think its now because i understand why the symptoms occur that i can cope with them better. Although i am finding it quite hard at the moment and very irratable. I'm glad your feeling abit better though :)

Thanks for the replies :)

Ken

kenboon
26-10-08, 19:25
Cheers VTI

Its been a fairly odd week for me. Was feeling top of the world for 2 days, but now im having abit of a bad spell. Maybe i am a bit anxious about work at the moment, i dunno. Its so damn frustrating this disorder, the way you can feel so much better, then it strikes back again for little or no apparent reason.

Cheers

Ken

martin1989
26-10-08, 19:58
get the same:(

bottleblond
26-10-08, 21:12
Hi Ken

I developed a skin condition called "urticaria" no other reason behind it apart from anxiety, I now take daily meds that keep it under control, but mine was chronic! if it doesn't go then get bk to docs and i am sure they will give you something for it.

Love Lisa
xxx

reddevil
26-03-09, 12:21
Yea, looks like I have this itchy symtom throught anxiety, new symtom, which I have never had before.

Red

nanny
26-03-09, 13:35
I TOO SEEM TO GET TIMES WHEN I'M OK THEN I GET RASHES ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THEY ITCH. DRIVES ME MAD, BUT AS THEY SEEM TO COME AND GO I JUST PUT IT DOWN TO ANXIETY/STRESS.
iT'S ALL NEVER ENDING ISN'T IT?

Erinath
26-03-09, 17:27
Is it mean that I'm relieved I'm not the only one who suffers from this? It normally starts within minutes of leaving the house, I figured that there was something airborne that I was allergic to, but it being related to stress & anxiety makes a lot of sense.

Ana72
03-05-10, 12:58
For me, rashes and itchiness are common in anxiety because it gives stress, affects how we feel, like being irritated, our own behavior and even an anxious feeling. Some feel that they were triggered by stress because of anxiety.I personally experienced a symptom like being anxious with my allergies that caused me to a deep depression on how am I going to get over it. However, time comes for me and finally found an alternative way to cure it, I grab it right away and now feeling so much better. Prevention is the best way!

jothenurse
03-05-10, 14:59
I get itchy lots when I am anxious - especially if I am sweating more. It always goes away.

fairyclairy
03-05-10, 20:25
Hi,
I get this too... when i feel really anxious and my hearts racing, i break out in a blotchy, red rash all over my chest and neck.. soo embarrasing! But only happens when im very anxious.... so must be stress!!

Very annoying i know, x

Dizzy_Dave
25-01-12, 07:18
I itch all over, and have dry skin, I even itch in my ears and have to put cream in or I get an ear infection because I stick my finger in my ears, I think it's the anxiety/depression. I even have a rash on my neck that is spreading, the GP doesn't seem bothered.

llimona
28-01-12, 01:28
I also get a rash on my neck when my anxiety flares up! A nice big obvious sign to everyone...