PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis

tracyp584
07-06-05, 18:33
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask for some advice. Do you think that hynotherapy will not work for everyone? I have seen 2 therapists and yet still havent seen any benefits. My current hypno guy, is also using emdr and after 5 weeks i feel NO diff. Now i'm not sure whether to try someone else or just give up on that front.
I am still finding the school run impossible, and find that even when i go, day after day, it NEVER seems to get easier. Everytime i dread it as much as the day before even though nothing happens.
I know i need to do things to get over it, but i really just can't.Everytime i try to do something, my body just gives up and i physically can't make myself do it. I was really hoping hypno would help with confidence.

Any ideas?!:(

tracy x x

seh1980
07-06-05, 19:01
hi Tracy,

I really have no experience with hypno so am pretty clueless about that..sorry!

About the school run - why don't you try a few things to make it more enjoyable? fo example, make a tape for the car with loads of songs that you love to sing along too. Reward yourself each day when you get home having done it, etc.

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
07-06-05, 19:50
Tracy

I have to admit that I prefer a male voice when having hypnotherapy so it could be that you just don't click with the one you are seeing.

They are all so different - I have seen 3 over the years and they each have their own unique way of doing things and how they relax you.

It could be something that simple.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

vernon
07-06-05, 22:09
hi tracy. I tried hypnotherapy too without any effects at all to be honest I have read up lots on hypno and also use Hypnosis CDs /tapes and find them judt sd good as paying all that money for hypnosis. It also works better (self hypnosis I think becouse you can do it when you want to not when you have an appointment. I find it most beneficial before going to sleep or on waking in the morning. I have loaded some on a MP3 player as i find like relaxation the more you keep at it the better it is.

Piglet
08-06-05, 09:51
Hi Trac

I used to loathe the school run too - thankfully mine are at secondary school/college now and I don't have to do it anymore.

I've never tried paid hypnosis but recently bought some Glenn Harrold cd's off Amazon and although initially scared they might have some horrible effect on me I'm actually thrilled with them.

I printed off a post that Meg or Nic did about how they cant make you do anything peculiar etc etc and read it just before for reassurance and also listened to it through the dvd player rather than headphones to difuse it a little. I feel really silly now as they are just right for me and I wish I'd found them earlier.

I started with two, 'Complete Relaxation' and 'Self-Confidence' they both make me utterly relaxed (worth it for that alone) and the self-confidence one I think is seeping into my head, as I seem to be getting a bit cockier in company again, almost to showing off level!!!!

Read the reviews on Amazon and see what you think - I've been using them for 3 weeks now every day and its no chore, I positively look forward to my 'Glenn Harrold' time and have gone onto to buy 'Self-esteem' and 'Think Positively' cd's too. I can't say they will cure everything but I certainly see them as well worth their place in my survival kit.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Holly
07-10-05, 22:25
I had my first session of hypnotherapy last week and I found it beneficial after just that one appt.
The therapist is female, very down to earth and very reassuring. I approached the therpay trying not to have any expectation at all. I just did what she asked, felt awake during the hypnotism, could have opened my eyes if I had wanted but I felt the deep sense of relaxation and just went with it. I am going again next week and to be honest, I feel like I've found something which is going to really help. I was sat in a big comfy chair but asked her if I could lie flat next time, I feel like I will be able to relax easier lying down than sat up.

Karen
08-10-05, 05:50
I think the hypnotherapist can have a lot to do with it. I've seen a couple of different ones. The first lady I saw was good for the therapy side of things, but I found myself getting more anxious during the hypnosis and it wasn't helpful at all.

The therapist I have been seeing for a while now is much better and I find the hypnosis with her really helpful. I also saw the therapist who works with her this week. Normally I will only work with female therapists because being alone with men makes me panic. However, I've known him for a while but I was still a bit anxious beforehand. I was surprised though at how well it went and I was totally relaxed after the hypnosis session.

So I think it does all depend on how experienced the therapist is and also whether you are able to connect with that particular therapist.

It might well be worth trying someone different Tracy.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.