PDA

View Full Version : So weird...whole-body tension?! hard to describe..

AntiLove_SuperStar
25-10-08, 22:59
Tonight I've got a sensation in my limbs, mainly legs/hands, that feels like Restless Leg Syndrome (I get the symptoms of that occasionally, related to high stress levels, luckily not too often!) but its so hard to describe..its not like an "electric shock feeling", exactly...kinda like a tension crossed with an ache, but with the "I want to move" feeling of RLS? urgh I don't know. I got all worked up about my uni work today, and my fat body (have some eating disorder crap), might be related.

I guess it feels like if I did relax all my muscles, they'd all start jumping everywhere.

If anyone knows what the heck I'm on about, I'll be amazed!

x x x

kimmiepie
25-10-08, 23:20
I think I have had this. It's at night when I'm lying in bed and doesn't happen too often. It's not RLS though, as I've had that before. It's as if I'm about to "seize out" at any moment (even though I've never had a seizure before). It's really scary and when it happens I don't sleep.

I feel for you, but I have no advice as to what/why it is. :hugs:

kimmiepie
26-10-08, 02:22
Now you've got me worried I have epilepsy. I have odd jerks as well. There are times I'm sitting there talking or just whatever and I will jerk up like I am falling or something. Oh dear. :scared15:

kimmiepie
26-10-08, 02:25
How do they diagnose seizures? I had an MRI a long time ago, but I have not had an EEG or other testing done. I actually have a neuro appt on Monday so it would be good to know.

AntiLove_SuperStar
26-10-08, 11:05
If you get frequent symptoms you believe to be seizures, they can hook you up to an EEG to monitor your brainwaves and see what happens when the incidents occur. But you're unlikely to get those resources unless its really disrupting your life and its important they find out exactly whats happening. I bet you he'll say Its Anxiety.

kimmiepie
27-10-08, 23:25
I had the EEG today although I didn't have any "episodes" while I was on it. I should know the results in two days.

How are you feeling? Any more episodes?

kimmiepie
01-11-08, 00:12
I'm glad your big ones are under control...those must be really scary. :(

When I went to the neuro, he looked at me like I was nuts when I described the "whole body thing". I tried calling the office Wednesday for my results and they were supposed to get back to me that day or the next and they didn't. Guess I'll have to call again Monday. :lac: