PDA

View Full Version : re hi

geordielady
07-06-05, 22:51
hi there
dont know which catorgory this is for but i know i have a phobia to medication and its stopping me getting treatment
has anyone got this problem and if so have you overcome it and how
i am so afraid of being on my own at home with the kids and trying any medicines even herbal i get scared
if i even think somthing is in my food or drink i panic or i eat somthing and think its stuck i panic
same as meds i panic before even taking them and it took me year to take hrt for early menopause as i was so afraid until i became so bad i had to ..............but with my bloke there
now he works i cant take nothing
i dont eat inless someone is with me
probably why i dont gain any weight i get upset because people say im skinny.............

p gregory

sal
08-06-05, 00:24
Hi Hun

The fear of being alone is common with anxiety and it is hard to overcome, but with our help and reading posts you will get through this.

Time will help you and so will we.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

geordielady
08-06-05, 21:44
hi there
i dont mind being on my own now i know how to deal with that but
cant deal with the medicines and eating on my own
i meant to comma the bit in my post i realise i made it sound like being on my own i meant taking things on my own
and having to be alert for the kids
incase they make me feel spaced or anything................
i went doctors he advises i take prozac didnt offer anything else
my bloke is off next week wondering if i should give them a try.............
while he is off for the week anyone else had prozac and how did they get on
thanks for reply and nice to know youre all here to help me through and hopefully i can help people too..................:D

p gregory

nomorepanic
08-06-05, 21:52
Hiya

Sorry I must have missed this post yesterday.

I am very scared of taking meds - I hate them. I had an infection late last year and would have done anything not to have anti-biotics but they insisted!! I was terrified of taking them but had to. I felt dizzy for the first few days then I was fine.

I think I actually wound myself up over them and expected to feel ill so I did.

I used to be able to take anything no problem but nowadays I think am more sensitive to them so imagine I have all the side effects possible.

Not easy is it eh?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

geordielady
09-06-05, 23:10
i know its not nice espechially when you know you need somthing to help
the thing is theres so much conflicting advice you dont know whats best to do and i know i have panics just thinking i am going to have one after a tablet its silly but cant be helped .................somtimes im awake all night with fear if i take anything im worried about..............grrrrrrrr
i wish i could just shrug it off but like you say not as easy as that
i have thrown a lot away instead of trying it..............
i read the effects and thats it
they go in the bin...............the doctor told me today that all side effects even if one person has suffered has to be listed doesnt mean you will get it i hear what he is saying but trying to make my body listen well........................thats another story[Sigh...]

p gregory

EmmaJane
10-06-05, 00:06
Hi,

Im not worried about taking meds as such, but I do get worried about the side effects, which then put me off or I tend to then wait for the side effects to happen. I am on Prozac, 40mg a day and I can honestly say, I have had no problems at all, no side effects nothing. I am now beginning to feel like a totally different person, but in control. They dont make you feel spaced out, they just get your mind a bit sorted, to help you get out of that blackness and on the road to helping yourself. They can take up to 7 weeks to really kick in though, so if you do take them, try not to expect an istant fix.

I wish you well and let us know what you decide to do.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

geordielady
10-06-05, 23:09
oops thin i just done new topic meant to hit this one and add to it
i will get hang of it soon...............
see new topic.................[:I]

p gregory