PDA

View Full Version : desperate for help

bambeck
26-10-08, 10:46
for the past two years now i have been experiencing severe chest pains that seem to be getting worse. The chest pains are their most of the time and sont seem to ease the best way to describe them is an ache on my chest. like alot of people on this site i have had lots of tests done on my heart and everything came back fine. i feel like i am wasting the drs time but things are getting worse. i cant sleep and i have no motivation to do anything any more. i have been attending counselling for a few months now but have not seen any changes.

My father has a history of heart problems and every time i have the pain i am convinced im having a heart attack even though all the tests came back fine.

i really would appreciate any help with this as i am fed up of feeling like this, i have tried to think of things that might be geting me stressed or worked up but there is nothing i can think of. im due to go back to my drs tomorrow but realy dont know what good this will do, some one else suggested hypnotherpay as i really dont have a clue why i feel like this.

bambeck
26-10-08, 13:07
thankyou very much for your reply

Jaco45er
26-10-08, 13:22
Yip, Tetley is right. If there was concern the GP would know.

I too have had the pains and pressure in my chest, infact only yesterday I was getting the shooting pains down my left arm, but I can just about come to terms that is is anxiety now.

well, least I hope it's anxiety lol

Chest/heart sensations and weird pains are the biggest complaint of the anxiety sufferer (he said, having no evidence to back it up).

Check out the Claire Weekes stuff, it is very good.

TC

Jaco