PDA

View Full Version : the pill/period.....for the ladies

crunchie01
26-10-08, 14:39
hi everyone,

im trying not to panic and think this is some form of cancer etc etc

i started the combined pill last month to help with my hormones and anxiety levels and on that front it seems to be working, but today i have a worry.....

i had my weeks break this week and ive had a very very light period from tuesday night to friday lunch time, today i had a bit of period pain and ive started bleeding a little again, im trying not to worry but can someone please advise me..........is this hormones?is it because this is my first break since starting pill? ive never had anything like this before my periods before starting pill last month were like clockwork and quite heavy,

please reassure me before i start panicking:blush: :blush:

Vicki08
26-10-08, 15:28
Hi Jennie,

I had a similar thing happen to me when I first started the pill. My bleeding was a little irregular for the first month which scared the living daylights out of me!

I spoke to my doctor about it which he said was quite normal because of the changes happening in your body to do with the hormones etc and that it would calm down once my body has got used to things and got itself into a normal cycle again.

I ended up going onto a different pill in the end because the pill that I was on wasnt really suited for me and my body.

What you are going through seems to be pretty normal and I'm sure the anxiety doesnt help either. However it wouldnt hurt to have a little chat to your GP about what is happening as he may be able to put you on another pill and he may explain things to you in a better way then I can!! :D

Try not to worry as I am sure you are fine, these things take a while to sort themselves out.

Vicki x

Coni
26-10-08, 16:16
Hi Jennie, I agree with Vickie and think its probably just your body adjusting to the hormone levels with the pill. I think its fairly common in the first few months of hormonal methods of contraception but if it doesnt settle go back and speak to your GP.

Coni XXX

AntiLove_SuperStar
26-10-08, 17:51
Completely normal.

The first pill i tried didn't work for me at all, I took it for 5 days, then I just bled HEAVILY, randomly, for 10 days straight, eventually my Dr had to give me some pills they give to post-surgery patients to stop the bleeding! you live and learn..

I was lucky in that when I started my second type of pill, my periods became dead regular, painless, pretty light...before that, because I have polycystic ovaries, I got the occasional light bleed that was really random so it was really inconvenient! So the second pill was great.

However, when I (long story short) varied the dose to accomodate other meds later on when I took both at the same time, it went crazy. I bled for 10 days, then nothing, then 2 more days, then nothing, then some spotting...all over the place. All was restored when I went back to original dose..so in essence, yes, you alter your hormones at all, you'll usually notice for a month or two!

tashbarnes87
26-10-08, 19:47
Heya, i had an awful time when i started the pill. I had breakthrough bleeding all the time and my 'periods' were eratic. I then started bleeding one day and it didnt stop for 2 weeks. Turns out it was a simple hormone imbalence because of the pill. I battled through and up until i got pregnant ( i did come off the pill for this :) ) i never had another problem. The pill is a powerful tablet it tricks the body in to thinking its pregnant etc so a little bleeding is perfectly normal

xx