PDA

View Full Version : nosebleeds - really losing it now...

jojo2316
26-10-08, 15:02
I have a cold at the moment and twice now, when I've blown my nose, there has been blood. Everyone says this is nothing to worry about, but I've been getting myself into a complete state about sinus cancer. I don't normally get nose bleeds and i'm freaking out. My health anxiety is getting pretty out of control I think..... any thoughts or reassurance would be so gratefully recieved...
thankyou for understanding..... xx

spiral
26-10-08, 17:04
don't worry yet, colds sometimes cause nose bleeds especially if you blow your nose hard. if they persist for more than a few days pop to the drs for reassurance that everything is ok.

jojo2316
26-10-08, 18:12
Thank you so much for your replies. I'm just freaking out with all sorts of scary thoughts at the moment.......... I know sinus cancer is rare, but I just can't seem to get perspective. Can anxiety make you more likely to have nose bleeds, I wonder?
xx

RosieXXX
26-10-08, 18:36
Hello jojo,

I agree with the others - nothing to concern yourself about. It isn't unusual to have some blood mixed in with the mucus when you have a cold - there are lots of little viens that can easily rupture when you blow your nose. I don't think anxiety can cause nose bleeds, but as you know our anxiety makes us worry over the slightest thing - silly little things that other people wouldn't give a second thought about. Try to keep calm and remind yourself, sinus cancer is rare, but having some blood when you blow your nose, especially when you have a cold is extremely common.

jojo2316
26-10-08, 19:47
Thanks Rosie - it's a real comfort to hear you say that. I did the worst and googled (I really need to get a life!)...... and since then I've been experiencing pain in the places I should if it was sinus cancer....... The power of suggestion??? Urrgh - this damned HA!!

tashbarnes87
26-10-08, 19:54
Heya JoJo, hope this really long sunday isnt to bad for you. Ok i know this for a fact that when you have a cold the blood vessels in your nose swell. Giving you a blocked up nose, its not from mucus etc. Docs advise to resist blowing your nose when you have a cold as these vessels break sooo easily and cause bleeding. Its absolutely not nose cancer its perfectly normal. As you know i am pregnant and i have a nose bleed every day !! :) thts scary but i know its normal

xxxx

jojo2316
26-10-08, 20:29
Thanks Tash - you are brilliant! I hope you and bump are feeling OK too......