PDA

View Full Version : need to post as I am new

betsy
26-10-08, 15:12
Hi to all,

I am in my fifties and had panic attacks for 26 years on and off but this time is the worst.

My coping ways do not seem to be working this time and I also worry about chest pain. I find it difficult to cope as I am now on my own and lonliness does lead to too much time to dwell.

I have a counciller who does not agree with me that I am worse as I can make myself do things if I have to.

I work part time and my kids have just married and all loved up at present so
dont understand and i get the usual pull yourself together and get on with it.

:blush:

sorry this seems as if I am just sorry for myself but it goes much deeper
so can I get some assurance from you all and some ideas for coping.

Thanks .:weep:

Veronica H
26-10-08, 15:19
Hi Betsy
Glad you have found us. If you have not yet heard of Dr Claire Weekes then I would recommend her to you. Her books are available from the NMP shop, also you can download her for free onto your MP3.

Veronica:welcome:

Lynnann
26-10-08, 15:25
Hi Betsy,

:welcome: to NMP; you will find this site a great source of friendship support and understanding.

I don't think you sound like you are feeling sorry for yourself; you joined this site so you are doing something positive about your situation.

We have all had difficult times here and understand what you are going through. Have a look around the site, the self help and first steps section is very good.

I think it can be difficult for loved ones to understand something they have not experienced but I am sure they love you dearly.

Look forward to getting to know you

Lynnann

pooh
26-10-08, 23:00
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

weeble40
26-10-08, 23:02
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
27-10-08, 18:07
glad u joined no more panic

ur welcome here

love milly xxx