PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye NMP

donna1967
27-10-08, 06:43
Just wanted to say goodbye to No More Panic. My doctor and pastor had told me people having panic attacks would cause me to have panic attacks. I want to apologize to anyone who read my post last week when I was having a series of attacks. I am putting it all in the Hands of God. In II Timothy 2:7 it says, "The Lord hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind." In the book of Act 2:38 it says, "Repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Yes, I am a Holy Roller and proud of it. I lost sight of things for awhile, but now I am back on track. I am rebuking this spirit of fear. I will seek help when I need it. I will have my pastor anoint me with oil and pray for me whenever I need it. God is with me always and I have His Spirit living inside me. I am not going to let Satan and his imps destroy me with doubt and fear. I refuse to give in and I am going to fight. Donna

marie1974
27-10-08, 09:45
hi hun, i am not a religous person at all personally, but i think if this is helping u through your probs then thats great matey and i wish u all the best on your road to recovery. hugs xxxxx

welovesalc
27-10-08, 09:57
Good luck Donna, whatever works I guess xxx

titchjd
27-10-08, 10:00
Hiya Donna ...

I was wondering have you found this site helpfull while you have been on here if so then do come back if you need help again .its a shame 2 give up on something that is here 2 help.
Im not religious at all and hope that your faith can help you beat fear and anxiety but please do come back if you need advice .

best of luck
Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxx:yesyes:

pinkpiglet
27-10-08, 10:16
Hi Donna, i know many born again christians who put their faith in god & found that it changed their lives, for the better. It is great that you have found your faith & i hope that it continues to give you strength, however, i do not think that it will hurt to keep in touch with NMP. If this site as helped you then i would consider keeping your account open. I find that talking to people at NMP helps me control my panic attacks, it doesnt make them worse. Infact, i told my psychiatrist about NMP the other day & he said that anything that helps us is good for us.
Whatever you decide to do, i wish you all the best. Take care x

Jaco45er
27-10-08, 10:50
Satan don't come into it lol

Take care.

Jaco

Lexi
27-10-08, 11:00
Good luck Donna,

Best wishes with your recovery

Karen
27-10-08, 11:18
Hi Donna

I'm glad you've found something that helps. I wish you all the best for your recovery :hugs:

Karen xx

Piglet
27-10-08, 12:49
My doctor and pastor had told me people having panic attacks would cause me to have panic attacks. Donna

I can't really say I agree with that blanket statement but I think I understand what they are trying to say. :shades:

Sometimes if we spend too much time focussing or surrounding ourselves with anxiety related issues it can be counterproductive.

Like the others have said I am pleased you have found something to help you but if ever you need reassurance on any symptoms, or the practical aspects of panic disorder etc, do remember the site is a great resource to have.

All the best. :hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

kazzie
27-10-08, 12:54
Good Luck Donna:flowers:

Kaz x

jacqui doll
27-10-08, 15:35
Good luck :hugs:

Though i dont necessarily agree with you i hope all goes well.

Take care
xx

titch
27-10-08, 15:51
hey hun..good luck for the future hun i hope your way helps please let us know in the future what u did to help you etc..all the best hun...keep strong xx:bighug1:

Veronica H
27-10-08, 17:04
:bighug1: Bye donna. There are Christians and non believers here, but what we all have in common is shared suffering. I am pleased that you have found the drive to move on through your faith and we will welcome you again should you need us. I think you will find that many religions would not see a support group such as this as a negative influence however.

Best wishes

Veronica

decca
27-10-08, 21:18
Hi Donna,
My Therapist also said that reading other peoples problems can be a bad thing. I find that giving someone advice or helping them though a problem sort of offsets that and has a beneficial effect on me.
My faith doesn't share your belief in the holy spirit but I believe we serve the same God and I'll pray that the almighty will heal you .
Remember this from the book of Psalms.
Psalm 55:16 - As for me, I will call on God; and the LORD shall save me.

God bless,
Decca.

ade
28-10-08, 11:37
may your god go with you (DAVE ALLEN)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AntiLove_SuperStar
28-10-08, 12:08
Satan and his imps?!? that's floored me, but I still wish you the best for recovery of course.

pooh
28-10-08, 12:50
Good luck on your journey

Pooh x