PDA

View Full Version : Eyes

mlondon
27-10-08, 09:56
I have worn contact lenes for the past 10 years and my eyes have got slowly worse, this has caused me to worry loads and adds to feelings of disorientation. Today it is quite fresh but cold outside and I think this tends to dry out my eyes. But it has sent me into total panic. I am scares I won't be able to keep my eyes open or won't be able to focus.

I had a nightmare last night and woke in a panic. Then had a really vivid dream this morning and now everything just seems a bit too much to handle. I am at work and am finding it hard to concentrate on anything, especially as I am feeling so dissorientated.

What is worse is I have a training session in an hour and we need to so role play. Ahhhhh

Patty
27-10-08, 10:44
Hi mlondon,:)

I wear contact lenses as well. I've worn them for about 15 yrs. Although I tend to wear glasses more at the moment. I know what you mean - your eyes can tend to feel 'strange' at times.

I can totally relate to the feelings of 'disorientation' that you describe - and the fear that you won't be able to focus. I have had this a lot.

I went through a stage about a year ago where I had convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to see anymore - and when I would wake in the morning I would go into a total panic because my eyes were blurry (as they naturally are when you just wake up). Then I would keep thinking about my eyesight - could I see clearly etc.. which would keep me in constant state of anxiety about it.

I think that the more I thought about it the worse the anxiety got. I think that anxiety & panic itself can affect your eyesight. I have found that I don't tend to worry as much these days about my eyesight as I have come to realise that it is down to anxiety.

Good luck with the training session. Hope it goes well.

Best wishes xx :bighug1: