PDA

View Full Version : How long to get into your system

welovesalc
27-10-08, 11:10
I have 28 tablets of 40mg.

How long do they take to get into your system? I was told to take as and when, does this mean the effects are instanteous? :shrug:

pinkpiglet
27-10-08, 11:27
My psychiatrist told me that we really need to give meds 1 month to settle in our system. If we find that things havent settled down and we are feeling no benefits by the end of a month then it is clear that these meds are not suited to us. However you say that you were told to take as & when which leads me to think they could be a sort of benzo but 40mg sounds like a very high dosage. What are these meds?

polly123
27-10-08, 17:02
Hiya
propranolol is a beta blocker not a benzo and unless you were given the slow release tablets the the affects should be almot imediate hope this helps
POLLY

jacqui doll
28-10-08, 18:21
Hi

My GP perscribed me pro in April this year (80mg) once a day. I found it took about 4/5 days before really noticing any difference. My phy took me off them last week, cold turkey. I must admitt that for 3 days i had quite bad withdrwal. Hope this helps.

xx

welovesalc
28-10-08, 21:49
Great thanks everyone. Going on hol next tue and wanted to know if i should be taking pro now to kickstart it. think i will. thanks again

noonoo
06-11-08, 02:11
It took about two weeks for mine to start to settle, the first week I still felt a little on edge.

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 09:24
Hi

My GP perscribed me pro in April this year (80mg) once a day. I found it took about 4/5 days before really noticing any difference. My phy took me off them last week, cold turkey. I must admitt that for 3 days i had quite bad withdrwal. Hope this helps.

xx
Pros are supposed to be well tolerated by most, I am now on the 80 slow release per day and mostly I'm having an ok time with them, they've not taken my anxiety away but they've definately diluted them.

I think you shouldn't just come off them though, they should be reduced gradually.

Pros are not addictive, which is the positive too