PDA

View Full Version : advice on Zispin 45mg

joecaddick77
27-10-08, 16:03
Hi All
Has anyone been on these tablets, i have been on them for 3 months, but have just gone on a higher dose, as before i was on 30mg and didn't noticed much difference, i have been on the higher dose for 2 weeks.

I suffer with ocd, constantly checking, can't make decisions, and have lost interest and motivation to do anything,I am hoping these tablets help me to control my symptoms.

I am having cbt at the moment, but finding the tasks impossible to do.

I am asking really, if anyone takes this tablet, and if it helped them, and how long did it take, i am at my wits end.
Sorry for all the questions.

Thankyou

ElizabethJane
27-10-08, 19:58
I have taken Zispin/mirtazapine for over a year and I am currently off them. I suffer from severe recurrent depression and I had a relapse last year. My psychiatrist put me on them at 15mg and then on 30mg to augment other drugs that I am on. The mirtazapine worked well by lifting my low mood paranoia and suicidal feelings. I was not sleeping well but that was soon rectified. However I put on loads of weight nearly a stone and a half. I wanted to come off them .Unfortunately I had really bad withdrawals and had to go back on them I managed to come off them completely about a month ago. My problems are not really ocd although I have suffered problems with checking and repetitve and intrusive thoughts. You need to give the higher dose a chance to work and then let your psychiatrist know how you are feeling. I hope it works out for you.

joecaddick77
27-10-08, 22:12
Hi
Thankyou for your reply. I suffer with very low moods and anxiety and depression, if you don't mind me asking, when you went to the higher dose, how long did it take to work and see a difference.
I have spoken to my doctor tnight, he said to keep on it a little longer.
I have also put on weight, but my sleeping is better.
Its a nightmare, i just want to get back to myself. I have had this for a year now. I find it hard to make decisions, do simple tasks,had phobia's on germs, making mistakes,its awful.
I'm glad you have come off your meds, well done.

freakedout
28-10-08, 00:52
Hello,

I too am on Mirtazapine 45, like you was started on 15, then increased to 30 and have been on 45 for about a year now. I have also put weight on but needed to, and the best effect of the drug for me has been help with sleeping, I had poor sleep previously. I am not sure that it works to lift my mood and after being on it so long wonder to myself whether there is any point continuing with it. Having said that, I went without for about 2 weeks and started to feel more mentally unwell, so I suppose it does more for me than I realise. I don't have OCD, but have some issues with germs and dirt which do not seem to be affected whatsoever by taking Mirtazapine.

Best wishes

Freaky

siji
11-03-11, 00:55
ive been taking them about 5yrs now starting on 15mg for a year then 30mg for 2yrs then 45mg for the last couple of years..ive never been suicidal at all my main symptons are lack of appetite staying in bed turning phone of and not opening mail.. up to now im all good however my dr tried dropping me to 30mg a few months ago and after 4 days felt symptoms back.. so staying on 45mg but wouldlike to find out if theres any long term damage in taking them for ever .. thanks