PDA

View Full Version : Constant nervous feelings

Burnsey
27-10-08, 16:12
Hi There

I have an anxiety disorder and have been taking sertraline for 3 years after feeling so anxious and horrible, hot sweats, nervousness, palputations, nervous jelly legs i had to leave work and go to the doctors, he signed my off for 4 weeks. i started on sertraline i am back in work now full time but sometimes i find it tough to get through the day and if i panic i have to get out if there.
Once the initial panic is over (this can last half a day or so or a few hours) i am left with a anxiety feeling of uneasyness and neervousness that can go on for aslong as a week before i start to feel ok again. when i have this i dont want to do anything except sleep, does anyone else have this ? (its not work that makes me anxious can be anywere)
would appreciate your replys

Burnsey x:)

Robbs
27-10-08, 16:21
yep exactly in your shoes myself at the mo, dont worry to much though it will get better, ive been there before a few times and it always gets better :yesyes:

Burnsey
27-10-08, 16:56
Thanks Robbs
have u found a way to get rid of the nervous feelings or do u just ignore them?

Robbs
27-10-08, 19:58
read my sig, i've lived buy that rule for 10 years and its helped endlessly, bloody hard sometimes but i always pull through it, finding it very hard at the mo though but im sure they'll subside eventually.

so yeah just ignore it and try to carry on, try focus on other stuff, if you feel dodgy at work then work harder, if you feel dodgy at home go out with your mates etc, you can always go home again if you feel worse but try to hold off going home till you absolutly have to and next time try to hold out a little longer (doesnt matter if you cant its not a test just try again the time after) and gradually these feelings will become fewer and further between but if they come back worse another time just still do the same.

never2late
27-10-08, 23:33
I have to agree with Robbs: "Just Carry On Regardless".

Patty
28-10-08, 00:41
Hi Burnsey,:)

I also have 'constant nervous feelings' - it can be so draining at times. I hope it helps to know that you're not alone.

Robbs - your advice is great & so is your signature. :yesyes: :yesyes:

Best wishes :D

menomum
28-10-08, 10:29
Hi there, I also have an anxiety disorder bought on by health anxiety and i am suffering really badly at the moment, been ok for last 6 months then all of a sudden just one little thought or feeling triggers it all of again. I feel so helpless just sitting here shaking. Thinking about having hynotherapy i'm just so desperate to be normal rather than this nervouse wreck i've now become.