PDA

View Full Version : update on lumpy boobs

crunchie01
27-10-08, 17:14
hi everyone,

i decided instead of getting myself in a state over my lumpy boobs i would ring the breast cancer helpline because they advise on breast health rather than visit my gp. i rang them and she made me worse!! she was very unsympathetic about how i was feeling and told me lots of things that just made me worse.

i rang the drs then and they got me in within the hour,i explained everything to her and she told me that the pill will not cause benign lumps to turn into breast cancer and she also checked my lumps and she said they felt fine and not to poke them anymore and they were nothing to worry about,thank goodness, but she did make me feel 'oh its you again', but surely we are better going for a bit of reassurance than working ourselves into a state??

does anyone else feel like they are being a nuisence to their gps?:huh:

the_nub
27-10-08, 17:30
I had a lump earlier this year and when I found it, I shat myself. Went straight to the docs and they prodded it, and I shat myself AGAIN when she went very serious and said, "I think we need to refer you to a breast clinic as soon as possible." I was seen within the week. Had an ultrasound (am 25, so mammograms don't work) and a biopsy, then it was taken out in an operation. All within about...3 weeks of finding it!! And they say the NHS is crap. Turned out to be a fibroadenoma.

I think if there was any doubt about your lumps, they'd be on it immediately. :)

marie1974
27-10-08, 17:32
aww welldone matey, im glad its put your mind at rest.

the_nub
27-10-08, 17:32
And YES, far better to make a nuisance of yourself than have something go wrong. This is why I am going to my GP AGAIN this week after he diagnosed labyrinthitis about three weeks ago, because I'm feeling increasingly odd as the days go by and developing new symptoms (though these of course are probably linked to anxiety).

So let's all make nuisances of ourselves together!!

Helen1973
27-10-08, 18:46
my gp. i rang them and she made me worse!! she was very unsympathetic about how i was feeling and told me lots of things that just made me worse.

i rang the drs then and they got me in within the hour,i explained everything to her and she told me that the pill will not cause benign lumps to turn into breast cancer and she also checked my lumps and she said they felt fine and not to poke them anymore and they were nothing to worry about,thank goodness, but she did make me feel 'oh its you again', but surely we are better going for a bit of reassurance than working ourselves into a state??

does anyone else feel like they are being a nuisence to their gps?:huh:

Heya Jennie! Yup, as I mentioned in my pm that when I went to see one of the doctors in my GP surgery, her face actually fell when she saw who her next patient was--excruciatingly embarrassing! This is the same doctor who I hate being seen by because she is so non-specific and speaks in disclaimers---the worst way a doctor can be IMO.:lac: Unfortunately, she was the only female one available at the time *sigh*

Usually I try and plan it better so I get one of the other doctors (I luckily have two that have never yet failed to make me feel loads better). The funny thing is that a year ago and before I developed HA, I only knew one of the doctors and that's because he started years and years ago *deeper sigh*

Best of luck with your search for reassurance, hun. :bighug1:I agree that sometimes you can't any peace until your mind is made at ease. I also agree that if they were truly concerned you'd be being sent for new tests. :D

leah2008
27-10-08, 19:47
Glad that everything was ok, i too have got a lump but i need to go back next month to check it again, im sooo scared, dont know how im going to get through the next month, with all the worrying.
I always feel silly going to the docs as i always feel like everyone looks at me and thinks not u again!
xx