PDA

View Full Version : I'm so overwhelmed!!!

theright
27-10-08, 17:19
I just posted my first hello today...

I've just come to terms with the fact that I have a serious issue. My family and my husband have been telling me to deal with these anxiety problems for a long time now...I've just finally given in to the reality that I do have an issue... But I don't know what to do???!!!!!!

My throat is constantly tight, even at times of rest. If I'm doing something I tend to not notice it as much, and when I wake up it seems better until my day starts going....then starts in the tense neck muscles, shoulder muscles and sometimes a raging headache that makes me ill...sometimes I just want to cry...sometimes I get so angry because I know that I have a problem but I don't know what to do. My husband is so supportive and comforting, but he doesn't know what's in my head so it's hard for him to fully understand.

I can't afford regular insurance that could get me to a therapist or whatever people do...but yet I don't qualify for state help either...this makes me even more anxious on top of my preexisting issue.

Is there anyone who can help with anything other than going to the doctor who costs to much???:weep: :weep: :weep:

Southern_Belle
27-10-08, 17:50
Hi,

I know that some Christian Counseling Centers will counsel on a scale of your income which will be much cheaper than regular counseling. You could call around and seek out if there are any in your area. They will work with you price wise and also if you are not religious (as long as you are probably not an athiest) will still see you.

In the meantime, warm baths with lavender in the water and deep breaths are helpful. Take breaks when you are pn the computer and roll your head around and move your shoulders up and down so they don't get tense.

If you are getting headaches that make you ill (is that sick to your stomach ill?) then you may be getting migraines. You need to see a physician if you are getting migraines as there is nothing over the counter that will even touch the pain you get with those.

Try to also think in the present not the past or future. Most of the time when my anxiety gets out of control I'm not thinking in the present time. It is always the "what ifs" that get to me and then my thinking spirals out of control. When I reign my thoughts back in to what I'm doing at the present time right down to the second I can sometimes get myself under control.

I do hope this helps and I hope you get some health insurance soon so you can go to a doctor for help or counseling. This site will help too.

Take care,

Laura

theright
27-10-08, 18:06
I have though of Christian counseling, as I do beleive in God and all...but I live in a pretty small town and am at least 70 miles from the nearest possible place where they offer such a thing.

Ooooooh! A bath does sound good!!! Lavender??? In like essential oil form or, bubble bath or what do you suggest?

Thanks about the keeping thoughts to the present...I do waaaaaaay to many "what ifs".

Burnsey
27-10-08, 18:18
Hi There

Just been reading this forum thats a good one keeping thoughts in the present i often start thinking about the future and that gets me even more over anxious and feel worse.
The best relaxing trick i know is lye on bed then starting at your toes tence and relax each part of your body till they feel relaxed and warm - that helps me sometimes, try that after the lavender bath that might be a good one

Good luck

Burnsey

Southern_Belle
27-10-08, 18:18
Well you could just go to a Minister then, that may be free! You never know how much they can help.

I use oil or bubble bath it is mainly the smell that relaxes me. You can get it at Target if one is near you. Probably the really good stuff could be a health food store or somewhere like that but it would cost more.

Yes, for sure the "what ifs" will do you in. I've had tons of counseling and I'm on meds and still have to reign myself in all the time, what a struggle.

By the way, welcome :)

Laura

Southern_Belle
27-10-08, 18:19
Great idea Burnsey, I'll try that one too!

Laura xxx

theright
27-10-08, 18:25
I've heard of that tensing/relaxing thing before...I tried it again. Perhaps I'll try again. I have a perpensity to not be able to focus very long, hence issues with keeping on task with things like that. I get bored quickly...even now...my foot is jerking wildly at my desk and all I can think about is getting out of here in a half hour...

But when I do get home I'll take a bath, then I'll try agalin!!!

Burnsey
27-10-08, 18:32
i feel like that when im in work cant wait to get out of there and get home -but then dont feel any better when get home its just that you are more in control at home (you cant just leave work when you feel like it). Try a milky drink too - deep slow breaths and turn the light off in bedroom when you are doing the relaxing - its quite nice and also u can get lavender spray you can spray on your pillow case thats soothing too

xxx

mini_mog
27-10-08, 20:56
i have lavender baths, they are absolutely heavenly! i use lavender essential oil in a bath carrier, i put in about 6 drops of oil to a deep bath and a squirt of the bath carrier, it just stops the oil from floating on top of the water.

i also use bach rescue remedy which i find helpful if im feeling anxious and panicky away from home as it is small enough to fit in my handbag. ive also heard that lavender oil in a tissue to sniff at is also helpful.

deep breathing is also fantastic, i use this a lot, you can do it anywhere anytime:)

theright
28-10-08, 12:58
Well, I took that bath...although I used vanilla...didn't have lavender. Then I did some relaxing breathing, closed my eyes and lay on the floor and forced myself to just "be" there. I felt pretty dang good the rest of the night...except my throat was bothering me, all tight. But I slept the whole night through...something that I have a hard time doing.

Burnsey
29-10-08, 12:17
glad you tried the bath and relaxing (might of been the vanilla making your throat tight - i hate vanilla ha ha)
sleeping the whole night will do you loads of good!
well done
try again tonight
:-)